Failed to connect to update server. HELP!

kurosenpai

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi all

Im using a Galaxy Note International Version. As all of you guys aware of, the new software updates of 4.0.4 has rolled out and lots of my friends have got it. The problem here is that everytime i checked for updates using OTA it fails to connect to update server. Ive tried kies and no updates were found. Funny thing is that lots of my friends have got the updates and i cant because of this problem. Any help is greatly appreciated !

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
The ICS update is not available OTA. Are you trying to get the update using Kies Air?

If so, abandon that option, and install Kies onto your computer and connect your device using an USB connector and Kies should see your device and indicate there is a firmware update available.

Reactions: kurosenpai

Sweet Pikake

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
IDK, does it work on the International Version N7000. My understanding is that it's an AT&T thing. Be carefull when upgrading to ICS, my AT&T Galaxy Note had 730 MB under Gingerbread, it now have 720 MB under ICS and I noticed ICS is more RAM hungry. The specs says 1G of ram, I'm guessing the system is using 304 MB. 1024-720=304.

Reactions: kurosenpai

kurosenpai

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Thank you guys for helping but i resolved the issues already. I already have ICS on my device but it was 4.0.3 and i was trying to upgrade to 4.0.4. I think the problem lies on the " software update " in the Android system. When you go to running service you would see one named " software update " and mine is a bit problematic. I clear the data on the software update and ting! suddenly an update appeared! Now im using 4.0.4. it has this pop up video play but the my s-note is gone. :'( only the s-memo is left. thank you so much for your concern.

droidnote40

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Kies doesn't let me update! Error message on both PC's. Device not supported! I have the U.S. version of galaxy note at&t with gingerbread. WTF?

ANYONE KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS!!!