1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    257 Global Posts

Default New phone, new to android!

Hey guys,

Finally get myself a Gnote after several years using blackberry. I gotta say that I'm in love with the device so far, get wait to get more into it. Posting here so I can get in touch with you guys, if you have any advice, if you want to share apps that would help me. Also, I can't get my phone to connect to android file transfer, is there any alternative if I want to transfer music?

Thanks,
    DAS

Global Posts
    976 Global Posts

Default Re: New phone, new to android!

Hello and welcome to the forum? Do you have the At&t, Canadian or international version (soon we'll be able to say T-mo also).

I'm not sure about android file transfer, but I have all my music uploaded to Google Music and I either stream or download the music I most often listen to.

One of my best android apps is Screen Off. It's always the first app I download when I get a new android device. It's a widget that sits on the homescreen that allows you to turn off your display without having to fumble around trying to press the power button.

There are some other really nice ones, but that's my "must have" app. Again, welcome to Android, and especially the Galaxy Note. IMO it's the best all-in-one device on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by galouchee View Post
    Hey guys,

Finally get myself a Gnote after several years using blackberry. I gotta say that I'm in love with the device so far, get wait to get more into it. Posting here so I can get in touch with you guys, if you have any advice, if you want to share apps that would help me. Also, I can't get my phone to connect to android file transfer, is there any alternative if I want to transfer music?

Thanks,
    I went from blackberry to android and all i had was my music on the sd card and put it in the note and it was all there. No issues.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    257 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DAS View Post
    Hello and welcome to the forum? Do you have the At&t, Canadian or international version (soon we'll be able to say T-mo also).

I'm not sure about android file transfer, but I have all my music uploaded to Google Music and I either stream or download the music I most often listen to.

One of my best android apps is Screen Off. It's always the first app I download when I get a new android device. It's a widget that sits on the homescreen that allows you to turn off your display without having to fumble around trying to press the power button.

There are some other really nice ones, but that's my "must have" app. Again, welcome to Android, and especially the Galaxy Note. IMO it's the best all-in-one device on the market.
    yes thanks I really love the device and the 4G lte is blazing fast. I run the Canadian version on Telus. Thanks for the tip with Google Music kill try that later and keep you guys posted.

Welcome, I know you'll love learning how to get the most from your new Note. I'd always had a smart phone but never did much except web surfing, take simple pics, make calls, nothing fancy and certainly never thought about an app! I kept wishing for a large screen, and I love my Note! The first thing I learned how to do was download the manual. You might find that helpful. From there, I wasn't crazy about how Polaris worked so I bought QuickOffice, (it's a full featured Office compatible suite) for about 13 dollars and really love it. Explore, have fun, and if you run into a problem, ask for help on here. These folks have been super when I asked for advice. I've learned a lot by searching for things I'm curious about and reading old threads. I think S memo and S note are the best things ever! If you want to speed up your learning curve, don't download Angry Birds! lol, Enjoy!
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    257 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by J HighNote View Post
    Welcome, I know you'll love learning how to get the most from your new Note. I'd always had a smart phone but never did much except web surfing, take simple pics, make calls, nothing fancy and certainly never thought about an app! I kept wishing for a large screen, and I love my Note! The first thing I learned how to do was download the manual. You might find that helpful. From there, I wasn't crazy about how Polaris worked so I bought QuickOffice, (it's a full featured Office compatible suite) for about 13 dollars and really love it. Explore, have fun, and if you run into a problem, ask for help on here. These folks have been super when I asked for advice. I've learned a lot by searching for things I'm curious about and reading old threads. I think S memo and S note are the best things ever! If you want to speed up your learning curve, don't download Angry Birds! lol, Enjoy!
    Ahah I'm not a huge fan of games on a device but I really find this device useful for everything I used to do on my blackberry. It just do things so smoothly! I really love android os so far so much more possibilities that are on bb. If I have problems I'll post here for sure. Thanks guys.

Welcome Galouchee.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Welcome to the world of excitement of roller.coster ride with android.

Sent from My Galaxy Note
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    257 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kurosenpai View Post
    Welcome to the world of excitement of roller.coster ride with android.

Sent from My Galaxy Note
    Roller coaster ride? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by galouchee View Post
    Roller coaster ride? Lol
    Yeah there's rooting, flashing going. There always something weird bounds to happen.
    Using android is like a love hate situation. Sometimes you get frustrated but still loves it dearly. :o

Sent from My Galaxy Note

my favorite android apps
    - moreicons (64 per screen),
    - swipepad (I got the $2 addon that allows for 4 extra one-touch screens on every screen - most used),
    - dock4droid (recent apps one touch),
    - flext9 (dragon speech recognition and swype keyboard in all programs - can't imagine living without)
    - TeamViewer (use phone as remote access to home computer) use daily
    - linkpush (send urls from computer to phone with a single click)
    - phone to google chrome (send links from phone to computer)
    - audiogalaxy (cloud access to all music/video on home computer on phone - in my case 2 TB worth)
    - Timers4Me (recurring timer/alarm app) - I set it to 12 minutes recurring - 5 times per hour it reminds me to breathe/enjoy/focus - 2 minute stretch.
    - doubletwist to replace iTunes - spend $5 to get the wireless transfer addon.
    - some cloudstorage access - dropbox, crashplan, etc.
    - CheetaSync to transfer other files and backup phone
    - FoxFi to tether
    - astro for file management
    - diskusage (an awesome visual size of whats on your disk tool - use it to figure out what s taking my disk space)
    - k-9 mail for email (pop)