How do you keep from scratching the camera lens?

LCAcor

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I have the galaxy note and the phone is great and love the size. However, the minute you put any case on it it makes it feel to big. I also love the feel of a naked phone. The problem is that on the back the camera lens sticks out just a tiny bit and I don't want to scratch the lens. How do you keep your lens safe?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

Elrohir

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
Ive got a hardcase for it. Not much protection if its falling on the ground but protects it from scratches. Due to the nature of it, it also puts a gap of 2mm between the lens and anything else :)

anon(156377)

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Meh. I have Seido Active case, that puts a pretty good buffer between the lense and the surfaces I put my phone on. If you don't want a case, your other option is probably to buy some universal screen protector and cut it out onto there, however that would probably distort pictures more than some tiny scratches.

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I have an original EVO. That camera sticks out also. I tried cutting a circle out of a spare screen protector, that was rough looking and finally started to peel up on the edges.

I ended up getting this: Wide Angle/Macro Lens for Mobile Phone Camera Kodak Zi8 | eBay

I don't use the lens, just the metal ring. It has a sticky side that you just press onto the camera. I cleaned the area with rubbing alcohol first, careful not to touch the camera lens.

It's been on my phone for over a year and a half.

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
The camera sticks out but on the note there is a metal bezel that contacts the desk, the camera window is recessed inside the bezel and doesn't touch the desk. It doesn't feel like much but it is enough the save the glass on a flat surface. All bets off if you set it on a rock or something.

jeeves744

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
its simple. Be careful with the phone. I have never used a case on any phone i have owned and never had a problem. Actually think about the expensive fragile device and what you are doing with it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc