GNote Prepaid

Kahroo

Android in training
Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I really want a Galaxy Note, but I can't afford a contract. So I am wondering what is the best prepaid service that will work for this phone?

I heard of Straight Talk but the whole 80-100MB a day limit won't work for me since I watch YouTube, Nextfilx, Google Music, and surf the web a lot. I am now using a HTC EVO V 4G from Virgin Mobile and it's great. Can use 2.5GBs of data before they throttle me which is ok.

So yeah which would be a good prepaid network for me to use this phone on?

Sent from my PG86100

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
Check out Net 10.

It's $45 a month if you sign up for recurring payments.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Check out Net 10.

It's $45 a month if you sign up for recurring payments.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

I wonder if they have the same restrictions as Straight Talk as the Net 10 'ordering the SIM process' and language is *identical* to the Straight Talk one.

It's as if they're the same company.

Kahroo

Android in training
Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if they have the same restrictions as Straight Talk as the Net 10 'ordering the SIM process' and language is *identical* to the Straight Talk one.

As long as it doesn't have that stupid 80-100MB limit per day I'm fine.

Sent from my PG86100

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
As long as it doesn't have that stupid 80-100MB limit per day I'm fine.

Sent from my PG86100

Of course, but unless you can dig up some buried terms of service info, you won't know until you get 'the call.'

And given the ordering process is identical......

unglued94ta

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site

I'm pretty sure net 10 is part of the trac phone family

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forums

felicity603

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I just purchased the Samsung GNote (att version) and unlocked it. AT&T does not allow the data plan with prepaid for the GNote. The Sales person did not know until he got ready to set me up. I decided to go with Tmobile. Unless there is a work around I was not able to get data with att prepaid. I am going to try Straight Talk next because I am only getting edge no 3g/4g with tmobile.

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
I just purchased the Samsung GNote (att version) and unlocked it. AT&T does not allow the data plan with prepaid for the GNote. The Sales person did not know until he got ready to set me up. I decided to go with Tmobile. Unless there is a work around I was not able to get data with att prepaid. I am going to try Straight Talk next because I am only getting edge no 3g/4g with tmobile.

If you do go with Straight Talk, make sure you order the AT&T SIM version, not the 'Unlocked' or 'T-Mobile' version. Your Note doesn't have TMobile's radio frequencies in it so you'll never get 3/4G data speeds on it. And if you go with 'Unlocked', you can't pick which service they assign you.

Reactions: felicity603

unglued94ta

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site

I think there is a work around in order to get it to work. Try googling the note and go phone data. It should work.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia