Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DAS
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How can i multitask

is there a way to have multiple apps open and running at the same time on my Gnote? I thought the ICS upgrade would help fix this, maybe i am missing something.
    I want to be able to minimize the web browser and open another app while not closing the browser and having to go all the way back to the icon to open the browser again. I just dont know how to do that on this android device.

Default Re: How can i multitask

Long press on the home screen button on ics smart phones opens all of the last apps you had open.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

Android 4.1.2 has a new feature called MultiView whoch allows you to view 2 apps on both halves of the screen in portrait or landscape mode. It's really slick and epic.

I installed the Samsung official rom for 4.1.2 galaxy mote 3 days ago. Works well.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forums
    DAS

Global Posts
    995 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RodneyAVO View Post
    Android 4.1.2 has a new feature called MultiView whoch allows you to view 2 apps on both halves of the screen in portrait or landscape mode. It's really slick and epic.

I installed the Samsung official rom for 4.1.2 galaxy mote 3 days ago. Works well.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forums
    Just FYI. I do not believe multiview is a feature of Android 4.1.2, but rather it's a Samsung feature on their Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy Note 10.1, and soon to be updated Galaxy S3. No other Android OEM has this feature.
    VoluntaryMan likes this.
    DAS

Global Posts
    995 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by herculesinwyo View Post
    is there a way to have multiple apps open and running at the same time on my Gnote? I thought the ICS upgrade would help fix this, maybe i am missing something.
    I want to be able to minimize the web browser and open another app while not closing the browser and having to go all the way back to the icon to open the browser again. I just dont know how to do that on this android device.
    If you have the Galaxy Note 2 the multiview feature allows you to have multiple apps (albiet certain select apps) running at the same time in a split screen view. You access it by long pressing the back button. This feature is only available on the Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy Note 10.1, and the soon to be updated Galaxy S3.