Ebook reading on Note?

LuvHorses

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
So what's everyone's experiences on reading ebooks on the Note? In particular using kindle app?

Is screen hard on eyes?

Have kindle Paperwhite on order, but am wondering if I should cancel it and use money toward Note2.

I have read on iPhone/IPad, but eyes bother me after awhile.

I would prefer to use one device.

Elrohir

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
I used the galaxy note for quite some reading and I still prefer my Sony EReader. If you want to use it to read books, use the Kindle. E-Ink displays are a pleasure to read and your Note will burn through the battery quite fast.

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
So what's everyone's experiences on reading ebooks on the Note? In particular using kindle app?

Is screen hard on eyes?

Have kindle Paperwhite on order, but am wondering if I should cancel it and use money toward Note2.

There are various readers that I've tried on it, including the Kindle app. I played around with the settings and found it very easy to read on the Note, except for the old classics in pdf scanned page format. I read on it all the time and don't experience any eye strain or battery drain unless I forget to turn the screen brightness down a bit. On some of the readers, you can adjust the background of the pages, adjust the brightness, until it's comfortable to read. The Kindle app comes included on the original Notes. Maybe you could check one out at a Best Buy or AT&T store to see if you like it for reading.

Sauk

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I love my paperwhite, absolutely perfect. Stick with it.

Is screen hard on eyes?

objektor

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
10-07-2012, 09:08 PMLuvHorses

Is screen hard on eyes?

I would prefer to use one device as well. So how are your experiences with the Note?
I've done some reading on the iPad1 which I find ok. I'm more concerned about the (screen) size. I do not want to zoom in too much because then I will have to turn pages too often. It distracts me in a way. I am aware of the higher ppi on the Note compared to the iPad but will that compensate enough for the much smaller screen?

datawalla

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I love reading on my Note I. In fact, that was what convinced me to replace my ancient iPhone with the Note, rather than a newer iPhone. As you said, reading books on the iPhone meant constantly flipping pages, which detracts from the experience. Reading on the Note is much more like reading a paper book. The screen proportions of the Note II are slightly different than the original. I haven't played with a Note II, but I doubt that it would make a significant difference.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I love reading on original Note. I always use dark theme. I like the overdrive app that I use for library books over Google books because overdrive has option to remove margins for maximum viewing which you don't notice with black background.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forums

MilnerR

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I read on my note 2 but only when I haven't got my paperwhite with me. If I'm sitting down on the sofa to read for a couple of hours the kindle comes out. If I'm sat in a waiting room the note 2 comes out. Back-lit screens are harder on the eyes than the front-lit screens. I used to read exclusively on my playbook and it would give me pretty bad headaches.

Mastan Vali

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I love to read books on my Note. Mostly I prefer to read on Moon reader Pro which has options for variable backgrounds. One more thing during night i prefer to use Screen filter app to minimize the brightness. It reduces below the custom brightness and will be soothing on eyes.

Shanghaichica1

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
I read on my note 2 but only when I haven't got my paperwhite with me. If I'm sitting down on the sofa to read for a couple of hours the kindle comes out. If I'm sat in a waiting room the note 2 comes out. Back-lit screens are harder on the eyes than the front-lit screens. I used to read exclusively on my playbook and it would give me pretty bad headaches.

This is also when I read on my note,when my paperwhite isn't with me or its not convenient to use it. Although I use my up of touch more in these situations.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forums

Zabeth

May 2, 2013
Visit site
My cousin has Samsung Galaxy Note and most of the time, she uses her note to read eBooks but I noticed that the texts looked a little less crisp. I?m planning to buy one but after what I?ve seen, I guess that?s not the best choice to have a quality eBook reading.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci