Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

Default newbie to android questions

I've had blackberry for years and the multitasking on this is nowhere near as good. I've already started to app this thing to death to make it user friendly as my past. I think the top things are no led notifications and a designated "home" button on browser. Any ida on work aroind or apps for me?

Default Re: newbie to android questions

I owned every major BB release since the 7520 and I know it takes a bit to mold Android to what you are used to.

Since there is no notification light on the GNote, you need to use the screen work as a notification light. I use this program, it's not as good as seeing the flashing red light on the top of a BB, but it works it does get your attention if you can see the screen and you can change the notification size to your liking:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...com.led.notify

You are right there is no "home button" either on the Android Browser or Chrome, but you can set your home screen as a bookmark and use that. I would recommend you consider using Dolphin and you can set a gesture that takes you back to the homes screen. If you get Dolphin be sure to get the "dolphin jetpack" it makes the Dolphin Browser SCREAM. Last HTML5 test was 492 out of 500 - its as fast and easy to use as anything out there.

Remember this is the best part of Android - the ability to set the phone up to your liking. I have been on Android since Feb and more and more used to it every day and there is no way I would go back to BB7

Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    ROM
    Samung Ics Indonesia

Default Re: newbie to android questions

Quote Originally Posted by randall2580 View Post
    I owned every major BB release since the 7520 and I know it takes a bit to mold Android to what you are used to.

Since there is no notification light on the GNote, you need to use the screen work as a notification light. I use this program, it's not as good as seeing the flashing red light on the top of a BB, but it works it does get your attention if you can see the screen and you can change the notification size to your liking:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...com.led.notify

You are right there is no "home button" either on the Android Browser or Chrome, but you can set your home screen as a bookmark and use that. I would recommend you consider using Dolphin and you can set a gesture that takes you back to the homes screen. If you get Dolphin be sure to get the "dolphin jetpack" it makes the Dolphin Browser SCREAM. Last HTML5 test was 492 out of 500 - its as fast and easy to use as anything out there.

Remember this is the best part of Android - the ability to set the phone up to your liking. I have been on Android since Feb and more and more used to it every day and there is no way I would go back to BB7
    +1

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forums
    I Jiraiya. The Epitome of Manliness.