Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Default Re: Music Player Showing Duplicate Songs

Well I found a solution to my problem on the phone for duplicate songs their is an app called Remove duplicate songs and it fixed in right up .Everytime I synced my phone to the computer it was placing them in their twice and also in my computer twice

It was the Amazon Kindle app. It was causing all sorts of other problems as well, like causing duplicate processes and services to run. I have uninstalled it and everything's good again. My phone's speed had reduced to a crawl, but it's back to normal now. This information is valid as of November 17th 2013.

i cant opened the video.... it said the video does not exist. having problem with note 2 , deleted the songs but it came back again.. really annoying... can anyone please help...

i download the remove duplicate songs. and after i restart the phone. the songs come up again... anyone having similar issue

I Have a Galaxy S3. Same problem. I tried clearing the data and restarting. No change.
    Solution: Use a different Music Player (Rocket Player).

I had similar problem with Kies too when syncing via USB cable (OUTLOOK contacts and calendar) ended up with duplicate contacts ad duplicate appointments. Still living with the outcomes of that, but dumped Kies in favour of Companionlink.
    Concluded Samsung good at hardware but flaky at software.

I can confirm (realizing this is an older post) with my Galaxy Note 2 that the duplicates were in fact dummy files that would not play. Unmounted sd card, re-opened the music player and all of the bogus files appeared but not my actual music. Deleted everything in there from within the player app and then closed it. Re-mounted the sd card and now shows just my music, no bogus duplicates. I guess we'll see how long that lasts. I haven't ever had this issue until I tried a different ROM, didn't like it and then went back to the previous installation.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12