- 2 Posts
Galaxy Note OTA?
Hi...I have a Galaxy Note N7000, unlocked that I am using on ST. I still have not gotten any updates, ICS, etc. and I just read this in an article, "The update, as we said, is being sent out OTA although those with an unlocked model will have to hook up the phone to their computer and access Samsung Kies to score the new features."
1) I keep my WIFI on. Not mobile network. (wrong?)
2) I have hooked up to Kies online and it just shows my phone info...nothing on upgrades.
What am I doing wrong? Any help would be really appreciated as I've been reading everything about updates for weeks now and see that others are getting them.
- 11-18-2012, 09:33 PM #2
- 2 Posts
Re: Galaxy Note OTA?
Good news! I decided to call Samsung and it seemed I didn't have the latest version of Kies installed on my computer. Downloaded Kies 2.0, connected my Galaxy Note N7000 and 28 minutes later I had my upgrade! Version 4.0.4.
I've had this phone 4 weeks and was reading from many forums how so many tried to update and ended up voiding their warranties or worse, were left without a functional Note. I am not computer/smartphone literate and the language on here is foreign to me and I'm glad I waited. SO glad!
Thank You, unglued for your quick response but I had no idea what flash meant (to this old gal, it's when you take a pic in the dark but I do appreciate your comment! Thanks, again!
- 11-19-2012, 10:44 PM #4
- By asabino in forum Samsung Galaxy NoteReplies: 16Last Post: 12-17-2011, 03:40 PM
- By Bmwillz in forum Sprint Epic 4GReplies: 3Last Post: 09-14-2011, 10:44 AM
- By Hardcore73 in forum AT&T Samsung InfuseReplies: 7Last Post: 09-10-2011, 01:25 AM
- By Rambler358 in forum Misc. Android Phone ChatReplies: 3Last Post: 09-07-2011, 12:59 AM
- By scaots in forum Misc. Android Phone ChatReplies: 0Last Post: 09-06-2011, 09:29 PM