What to do. Please help, headphone jack issue.

chrisdku

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So I bought the Galaxy Note when it was brand new and was stoked to have it. It slowly started to have issues, loose charging port, internal speaker would work then not, then the headphone jack just got weird. Volume would go down, then up, then pause my music, then it sounded like it was horribly disfigured. Like garble, jibberish, etc. I would move the headphone plug and all would be fine again. I eventually got too pissed off and instead of using my factory warranty I used the insurance I paid for in the store. I've my new one for a total of 1.5 weeks and the headphone jack just started doing the same exact thing again. I am amusing they used some weak excuse for a headphone jack but the question is what can I do. Does anyone think I would be able to demand my money back, I mean this thing is clearly defective. I ended up spending $300 on the phone, another $100 for the insurance, then $50 to use it and now less than two weeks later its already having issues. I just don't get what to do. I have read a lot of the same issue on here, but no one seemed to have a real solution. What makes my case a bit different than just replacing the headphone jack is it is 1.5 weeks old! It is a replacement though, a new one, so I'm not sure if I can ask for my money back and buy a different phone or what. =\. Any help would be appreciated.

llcoolbean

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
i've had my note 2 for 5 days and i'm having the exact same headphone jack issue. Will probably take it back to the store this weekend for replacement.

Jerry-O

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I had a similar problem with my gs2 with certain headphones. It turned out the headphone jack was a little loose and out of spec so the jack moved just a bit ant the phone thought it was headset control buttons being pressed. I was out of warranty so I downloaded an app named headset blocker which ignored headset control signals and our cleared it right up but for less than a few weeks old I would go for an exchange

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Tommyboy 123

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
So I bought the Galaxy Note when it was brand new and was stoked to have it. It slowly started to have issues, loose charging port, internal speaker would work then not, then the headphone jack just got weird. Volume would go down, then up, then pause my music, then it sounded like it was horribly disfigured. Like garble, jibberish, etc. I would move the headphone plug and all would be fine again. I eventually got too pissed off and instead of using my factory warranty I used the insurance I paid for in the store. I've my new one for a total of 1.5 weeks and the headphone jack just started doing the same exact thing again. I am amusing they used some weak excuse for a headphone jack but the question is what can I do. Does anyone think I would be able to demand my money back, I mean this thing is clearly defective. I ended up spending $300 on the phone, another $100 for the insurance, then $50 to use it and now less than two weeks later its already having issues. I just don't get what to do. I have read a lot of the same issue on here, but no one seemed to have a real solution. What makes my case a bit different than just replacing the headphone jack is it is 1.5 weeks old! It is a replacement though, a new one, so I'm not sure if I can ask for my money back and buy a different phone or what. =\. Any help would be appreciated.

I broke down and bought a i Home blue tooth headphone jack.