Boot Loop - won't allow factory reset

jennyhmm

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Started having problems with the Note a day ago after installing a bunch of apps. It would reboot a few times for reasons I couldn't fathom and finally figured it's, at least, every time I went to view installed apps. I figured it has to be a faulty app so failing uninstalling them from the device, I connected to a manager on my laptop and uninstalled anything recent I could think of. That didn't fix the problem but it stopped rebooting since I avoided going to the task manager.

I installed 1-2 things since and everything worked perfectly. Today when trying to install a program it said it cannot install to the default installation location, I tried a few times hoping it was a random error. No luck though and soon after it went into a boot loop. I tried doing a factory reset but no composition of joint button pressing (up volume and power, down volume and power, home and power) yields anything. It shows the white Samsung logo like it does on start up, goes to black, and then shows the shut down blue Samsung animation. Sometimes when holding the buttons it will show the white logo, go black, show white logo again, and only then the shut down animation. When trying with a plugged in charger it doesn't even show the shut down animation, it just flashes the white logo for a second and flickers out.

Seems like I'm stuck! Is there anything else I can do or shall I hand it over to the pros at that point?

Thanks in advance!

anon(156377)

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Try pulling the battery and leaving it out for a few minutes?

Recovery is power, volume up and volume down BTW.

Sent from my phablet.

jennyhmm

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Tried pulling the batery, no luck.

Also tried recovery with up/down/power, does the same routine of white logo / blue shut down animation. It looks utterly dead.

adipabeta

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Tried pulling the batery, no luck.<br />
<br />
Also tried recovery with up/down/power, does the same routine of white logo / blue shut down animation. It looks utterly dead.
Already trying download mode?
If you can acces download mode. You can flash it with odin.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forums

jennyhmm

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I tried every mode imaginable, no luck. I can't even fathom what could possibly be wrong with it to an extent where I can't even do that.

adipabeta

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Is your pc still realize there is a usb connected when you connect it to your pc?
Error report os something.
If yes.
Maybe it still a chance to recover it yourself.

Do it wirh your own risk. :p

Read this....

forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1668012

Or this.

androidforums.com/galaxy-mini-s5570-all-things-root/407866-tutorial-unbrick-mini-s5570-bricked-black-screen.html

It's for s5570.
But i think the point is the same.
To enter download mode and make odin detect your phone.
But use rom and odin for n7000 not use rom and odin for s5570. They are different.
Maybe you already know. :p

Read over and make sure you know what you're going to.
If there is something you're not sure about. Google it.
Sometime you'll find your own methode for your own case.
I repeat. I think the point is to enter download mode and make odin detect your phone. :-D

Do it with your own risk and good luck. :p
I have a black screen android too. :-D
I've got black screen on a couple of my android devices.
Some sony. Some samsung.
Some back to life.
Some not. :-D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude