Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree10Likes

Default Re: When exactly Galaxy Note gets Jelly Bean?

Is there a step by step method to root the note and flash the jellybean update on it? I have the I717 (LTE) model.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #77  

Quote Originally Posted by The KISS Army View Post
    Is there any "official" word or tentative timeline as to when our US Note 1's are gonna be getting Jellybean or did they sell too few of these things to even matter? BTW... I have the T-Mobile Note 1.

Thanks,
    The jelly bean that is releasing now is for the international version only I think. Try reading this post there's someone who shared the link of rooting and installing custom rom.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #78  

Malaysia, philipines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, are getting their updates yesterday.

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #79  

Finally...

Today March 30, 2013 my NT7000 has Jelly Bean! Read from this link:
    Samsung Galaxy Note In Singapore Gets Jelly Bean Update
    and download for about 1 hour and install JB! Everything is great and fresh... Thank you Samsung.

When is the schedule for I717? I have one international and one local (717) and need to get both upgraded!
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #81  

Sorry i wish i can provide you the informations for it. There are rumors but as u can tell, just a rumor. Did your Notr gets extremely lagging after the update?

Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

Getting very anxious for the UK release now. I would flash but don't want to have to back up and get everything set up again.

Quote Originally Posted by scaots View Post
    Getting very anxious for the UK release now. I would flash but don't want to have to back up and get everything set up again.
    I'm actually starting to think that we won't get it until June/July time. Last year the s2 got ics around March time and they got jelly bean at the same time this year. Last year the note got ics in June/July so I'm thinking maybe they will keep to the same schedule.

Sent from my Galaxy Note using Android Central forums

Quote Originally Posted by Shanghaichica1 View Post
    I'm actually starting to think that we won't get it until June/July time. Last year the s2 got ics around March time and they got jelly bean at the same time this year. Last year the note got ics in June/July so I'm thinking maybe they will keep to the same schedule.

I hope not, but sounds logical. I found this thread with a search after reading in the past months about the Note getting 4.1. I sit here not so patiently waiting....

Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

I wonder if there was some issue when the UK release was in testing and it had to go back to the devs. I say that because of the manual that was posted before any of the official releases makes it seem like it was ready. Anyway I am waiting to hear what comes out of IO and then getting something new from Google for better updates. Either Xphone or N4. Mostly hoping for 32GB N4.

Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

Vodafone UK update is now available. Hopefully the sim free update for UK is also released soon.

ROM
    OEM

IDK if this is worth the paper its written on. Suppose to get Jelly Bean on AT&T SGH-I717 Galaxy Note in May. There's so much rumor, IDK whether to believe or not.

Sony Xperia S, Samsung Galaxy Note Jelly Bean update coming in May
    Thanked by:
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #88  

Quote Originally Posted by scaots View Post
    Vodafone UK update is now available. Hopefully the sim free update for UK is also released soon.
    Kinda weird that the locked version would get the update first before the international version. Judging by the pattern of previous updates of course.

Got jb ota last night. UK not contract phone. 543mb size. Haven't had much of chance to play around with it yet.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forums
    kurosenpai likes this.

For those that are still waiting in the uk for jellybean( gt n7000) I just got mine last night bought from carohonewarehouse..my partner has the same phone but no update for her..so it's been pushed to the uk but it may go on seriel numbers or some kind its 543 mb.just be a little patient.UPDATE just checked my partners and the update is there so its on its rounds

I have the international Note in the UK and there's no update through yet. I wonder why some unlocked Notes are getting it and not mine. Strange. And stranger still that someone above should say that their UK carrier locked model has already received the goodies. To paraphrase Cheech and Chong for a moment: "If this update doesnt get here soon, I'm gonna have to wait some more!"

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Waiting for my updates too patiently waiting.. oh yes 

Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

I have a UK sim free N7000. I finally started up Kies to check for an update. There was apparently an update, but Kies showed a blank description for it and would not actually perform the update until I first updated Kies. I was then able to update to Jelly Bean successfully. Mixed feelings right now on the JB update. If anything it feels slightly more sluggish and TouchWiz is now over the top and unacceptable. I was using Action Launcher and will probably go straight back to that, but the menus are hideous and why is my status bar gray!? It is as if Samsung is trying to hide any part of stock Android with ugly.
    kurosenpai likes this.

Got my jelly bean update (unlocked UK note) over the air this morning. So far it seems an improvement but I haven't had much time to check everything out yet. The only annoying thing was that all my home screens were deleted during the update so I'm slowly trying to get my phone back into an acceptable state.

Finally came through: unlocked international model in UK, but it didnt push the update i had to search for it. Otherwise all is cool. Now as the guy above says: time to rearrange my desktop and apps how I had them before.

21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #96  

For those whos from UK that just got their JB, congrats and have fun. Mine was so lag after the update, I had to reset my phone but everything went smooth after that. Im using nova launcher because touchwiz is just absolutely hideous. Even after jb update.

Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

Did you try the Samsung backup and restore? I figured I need to reset, but it is going to be a pain to get everything back to what I like. Just wondering if the Samsung backup is any good and if it doesn't cover anything. Thanks

Posted via Android Central App on GT-N7000
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #98  

No I didn't. I only backup my contact and messaging. I manually backup my picture videos and music. And I have to re download all of my apps. This is when I envy root users. Like titanium backup that can backup your phone image.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234