Galaxy Note 2 -- Does it weigh your pants down?

SoundsGood

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys,

I'm currently an iPhone user. Never used Android before but I'd like a larger screen size so I'm considering a switch to either a Galaxy S3 or a Galaxy Note 2.

I always keep my phone in my pants pocket (typically either cargo shorts or jeans) but the iPhone is fairly light so it's not a problem. I'm wondering if the Galaxy Note 2 might be just heavy enough that it feels like it's weighing down your pants. I'm especially concerned about the cargo shorts, since the iPhone sometimes flops around within the large pocket.

Anyone have this problem? Is the Note 2 a bit too heavy for keeping in your shorts pocket?

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

isalove

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Yes it does.I am also a iPhone user and have a 5. I like to work with an android phone for education and fun and got rid of the Note 2 and got the DNA which I use on AT&T. I love that phone.

rkeenan

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I always wear a belt. I think it adds about as much weight as a wallet but not like a brick. It survived a stage dive and mosh pit at the Every Time I Die concert about 2 weeks ago. I thought it would be more of a pain but it fits in any pair of pants that I own and no I do not wear gangsta saggy pants. It weighs more than any phone I have had but I really don't notice it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

rkeenan

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
What benefit do you get out of stage diving? Do you not consider the people who you are jumping on top of?

It was encouraged by the band. It is fun. I have not been able to do it before because it is banded at most concerts. If you don't like it, then it isn't for you. Obviously you have never been to a metal concert.

Also what benefit is there to you specifically trolling most post in this thread and you not even addressing the OP?

Last edited:

kurosenpai

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Not really though. Unless you are using tight jeans and any of that sort. If you are wearing tight jeans it would be hard to sit.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

anon(156377)

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
It was encouraged by the band. It is fun. I have not been able to do it before because it is banded at most concerts. If you don't like it, then it isn't for you. Obviously you have never been to a metal concert.

Also what benefit is there to you specifically trolling most post in this thread and you not even addressing the OP?

Well said.

I wear Lee brand straight-fit jeans with a belt (phone in pocket with Seideo case) and have no fitment issues.

bigmac53

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I dont think it does at all. I wear khakis amd belt or jeans and a belt everyday and have no issues. I guess if I were wearing sweats or basketball shorts it would weigh them down a bit but probably not more than any other phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

taniabonita52

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Nothing crazy. I'm a woman... Sometimes I'll wear shorts that are a little loose and I put it in the pocket... I even wear it with skinny jeans... Can't even notice it because my shirt covers it. It's not uncomfortable for me in any pants I wear. Even loose pants... Adds a little weight... But nothing ridiculous.

Sent from my awesome Note 2!!!!!!! :)

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
My husband is a little on the smaller size, wears 28/30s in jeans. In 28/30s, the pockets are almost too tight, so he always tries to hand me his phone. In 30/30s, he can put it in his pockets, but without a belt, they sag and he has to constantly pull them up.

"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.? -courtesy of Albus Dumbledore, via my droid DNA.

jrham

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm 6'2" 220 and I wear pretty normal jeans nothing super tight or baggy and I have no issues what so ever. I also use my note at the gym wearing gym shorts that definitely aren't tight and I have no issues with those either, unless maybe I'm jumping up and down. I think most people really exaggerate the size of the phone, it is big but very manageable. Sadly phones like the HTC One and gs4 seem small, so I'm stuck with this size.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12