little icons are gone from top left?

bendergarden

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I have a Note, (Canadian, so different - american has a home button on the bottom, mine has 4 touch symbols?) anyway I have had it about 4 weeks . There used to be little icons up in the top left when I had things running (a little globe for internet, a little envelope or something for messaging, something for maps etc.) now it doesn't matter whats running, the little icons never show. I figure I either turned off some setting (?) or I have a little bit of a software glitch or something , wondered if anyone had an idea.

I had been using an iPhone 3GS for the past 3 years. Switched because Apple did not offer the screen size and quality I was looking for . I checked out iPhone 5, weasn't that thrilled. I did not realize that Google/Samsung had blown so far beyond Apple in the tech sweepstakes. An iPhone 5 and a Samsung Galaxy 3S, Note etc. are not a pair of similar gadgets, ie: a matter of preference only. Apple is way behind, in a different class really.

Anyway, thanks if anyone knows

randall2580

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I have a Note, (Canadian, so different - american has a home button on the bottom, mine has 4 touch symbols?) anyway I have had it about 4 weeks . There used to be little icons up in the top left when I had things running (a little globe for internet, a little envelope or something for messaging, something for maps etc.) now it doesn't matter whats running, the little icons never show. I figure I either turned off some setting (?) or I have a little bit of a software glitch or something , wondered if anyone had an idea.

I had been using an iPhone 3GS for the past 3 years. Switched because Apple did not offer the screen size and quality I was looking for . I checked out iPhone 5, weasn't that thrilled. I did not realize that Google/Samsung had blown so far beyond Apple in the tech sweepstakes. An iPhone 5 and a Samsung Galaxy 3S, Note etc. are not a pair of similar gadgets, ie: a matter of preference only. Apple is way behind, in a different class really.

Anyway, thanks if anyone knows

The AT&T GNote is exactly the same as the one you mention with the 4 touch buttons - it's the international version that has the physical home button as the GNote 2 has.

Those icons on the top left hand side are generated by notifications mostly and when you clear out your notifications you clear out the symbols. On the right is clock, battery, network status (cellular and wifi if appropriate). Those should always be there.

There are launchers (Nova is one I know that does) that allow you to "turn off" the notification bar (that's what it's called), but with straight touch wiz you shouldn't be able to turn them off. Another note, some programs take up the whole screen and so you won't see the bar in those either - but returning to the home screen you should be able to see them again.