I have an international Note 2, and I'm using a nano sim with an adapter. It has been working fine since November, however the other day it beeped and when I looked at it, it was telling me to insert a valid SIM card. I tried restarting, taking the sim out and putting it back in, etc, nothing is working.
    Anyone know of any fixes for this? Or somewhere that might fix it for me? I live ear Brampton, Ontario.
    01-20-2013 08:08 PM
    Is it a unlocked phone?
    01-21-2013 04:18 AM
    It is, I actually found out that one of the little pins that holds and reads the sim card has broken off somehow, so I have to replace the whole sim tray. Lucky me!
    01-22-2013 01:27 PM
    Thanks so much for that post. I have been trying to figure out why my Ozzie phone stopped working while in the UK. I bought a local "3" sim and it worked for 3 days then just stopped. It was sitting on the bedside table and I must have heard it make a sound, when I looked it said that the sim had been removed ????. After that I couldnt get any UK sim to work, though my Ozzie sim seemed ok ie the phone seemed to recognise that it had a sim installed (but no OS roaming enabled).
    I tried re-installing the firmware, upgraded the firmware and was about to try a jailbreak when I came across your post.
    When I looked at the sim tray I could see one of the gold fingers bent outwards over the back of the sim tray. I levered it up slightly with a pocket knife and reinserted the sim and voila I have service.
    Guess I'll have to get the sim tray replaced now, but its great to have it working again.
    Allan
    09-21-2013 09:55 AM