International Note 2 saying no valid SIM inserted
I have an international Note 2, and I'm using a nano sim with an adapter. It has been working fine since November, however the other day it beeped and when I looked at it, it was telling me to insert a valid SIM card. I tried restarting, taking the sim out and putting it back in, etc, nothing is working.
Anyone know of any fixes for this? Or somewhere that might fix it for me? I live ear Brampton, Ontario.
- 01-21-2013, 04:18 AM #2
- 09-21-2013, 09:55 AM #4
- 1 Posts
Re: International Note 2 saying no valid SIM inserted
Thanks so much for that post. I have been trying to figure out why my Ozzie phone stopped working while in the UK. I bought a local "3" sim and it worked for 3 days then just stopped. It was sitting on the bedside table and I must have heard it make a sound, when I looked it said that the sim had been removed ????. After that I couldnt get any UK sim to work, though my Ozzie sim seemed ok ie the phone seemed to recognise that it had a sim installed (but no OS roaming enabled).
I tried re-installing the firmware, upgraded the firmware and was about to try a jailbreak when I came across your post.
When I looked at the sim tray I could see one of the gold fingers bent outwards over the back of the sim tray. I levered it up slightly with a pocket knife and reinserted the sim and voila I have service.
Guess I'll have to get the sim tray replaced now, but its great to have it working again.
- By rokstarr in forum Verizon Galaxy S3Replies: 175Last Post: 03-22-2014, 11:07 AM
- By cj100570 in forum Verizon Galaxy Note 2Replies: 27Last Post: 04-26-2013, 04:06 PM
- By prunz in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300Replies: 3Last Post: 12-24-2012, 03:50 PM
- By the_stig#WN in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2Replies: 55Last Post: 10-26-2012, 10:23 PM
- By DevilInPgh in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 9Last Post: 08-10-2010, 03:32 PM