Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Note GT N7000 Battry Drain and Screen Flickering issues

Hi Guys,

I have bought my Galaxy note GT N7000 more than an year ago. I still consider myself as a newbie to android and I still have Gingerbread 2.3.6 on my GT N7000.

Everything was working fine until recently the battery was draining a bit more quickly than usual. Charging to 100% is also very fast taking only 45-60 mins. Normally it would take 2-3 hours previously. I observed this odd phenomenon only a month ago. It was the time when I download many GO Locker themes free using GETJAR. Please note that I downloaded many apps that GETJAR asked me download and I downloaded apps only from Playstore. It was also during this period that I put a Transcend Micro SDHC 16GB class 4 card into my GT N7000. I also have tried removing many apps that got via GETJAR but still the battery drain issue is present

Today I was hearing music and playing temple run, When the battery levels goes below 30%, the screen begins to flicker. However I ignored this and continued playing and the flickering frequency was increased and there was constant flickering when the charge was around 15% and finally when the charge was around 11% the phone was powered off automatically. Even I tried to power on, it would not come and then I have to remove the battery for a few min and placed it back and powered the device and only then it was powered on.

I'd appreciate, if anyone could let me know how to troubleshoot these issues. Please note that I don't want to factory reset my GT N7000 as I want to retain all my apps as well as Games data without rooting.

Regards,
    K.Ramesh Karthik.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Galaxy Note GT N7000 Battry Drain and Screen Flickering issues

Hi Guys

I can see that the issue is advancing as just a few minutes before there was screen flickering and soon after the mobile was switched off automatically. At least this time I was able to reboot it again successfully without removing the battery.

Any help would be appreciated

Regards,
    K.Ramesh Karthik.

Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

I had the same issue and noticed that the battery also gets hot easily. Maybe why it won't charge full. Luckily I had a spare 3rd party battery and it is fine so I believe it is a battery issue. First I noticed it dying at 30%, but at this point the original battery won't last a half hour, so it's trash. Screen flicker is the sure sign it's about to die no matter what the meter says and probably due to sudden voltage drop from the battery. Quick rush order a new battery.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    Nahid Sadia likes this.

Hi all,

I have an original Galaxy Note and since the upgrade my battery lasts just a few hours. I charged it for 4 hours last night and it only had 78% charge. I left it on overnight (with snyc turned off) and it had only 7% left after 8 hours.
    30% is the default point where the power saving measures kick-in if you haven't altered it. Maybe there is something there.
    I have uninstalled all the "crap" and switched everything off that might access the internet and still I get rubbish battery performance. I have to keep it plugged in alll day long so it can get through the night with something left to get me into work in the morning.

Not at all impressed.

Update to this post. I uninstalled Angry Birds and AVG mobile antivirus and now the phone is behaving normally. Angry Birds was an old installation but AVG was a new installation and perhaps it was this that was causing the huge drain.

Regards
    Antsee
    Last edited by antsee; 03-02-2013 at 03:39 PM.
    Thanked by:

I too had some battery issues on my GT N7000 after installing the app Better Battery Stats and CPU Tuner my battery life has increased considerably. You can find the details in this link How to solve battery issues after ICS update in your Galaxy Note | Galaxy Note Owners Community

Hi All.

I am not a geek.
    I got a system notification last week - so I upgraded the system, as this was in the best interests all around.

My system got upgraded to:
    Android version 4.1.2
    Baseband version N7000DDLS6
    Kernel version 3.0.31-906407
    Build number JZ054K.N7000DDLSC

As a habit, I have charged my battery everytime it went below 75%.
    Suddenly I noticed that within two hours of charging to 100%, the phone is OFF and battery is completely drained.
    This has happened all of a sudden.

At night - I can hear the phone's ReStart music come on at least twice or more.
    In the morning, the battery is totally drained.

How do I solve the problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RanTen

You might have been using your Galaxy Note since a year. It means that you must have consumed an average recharge cycle of the battery of your phone. 1 year is a long time for a battery to be used on a smartphone like Galaxy Note. You need to replace your phone's battery. It is advisable to go for samsung's authorized battery, but I have found 2 batteries which give better backup than samsung's. One is of 3030 mAh and other one is of 5800 mAh. Search for it on www . obostore . com. {I have put spaces because a website link is not allowed to be put in the forum}
    Thanked by:

Factory setting won't help, I did and still the same problem. I noticed my phone battery swollen a little bit and that's why thinking this problem due to battery issue. Waiting for the new battery, lets see whether it can solve.

I finally was able to fix my problems with flickering and my Samsung Galaxy Note shutting down.

I bought my phone in Feb, 2012, and my problems began last month. The phone would start flickering when it neared around 15% battery life. Then it would shut down. Charging was inaccurate, and after some research I realized I needed a new battery. (Check your battery for bulges. Run the battery between your first finger and thumb for possible signs of bulging)

I bought a new battery (OEM) and replaced it in my phone. However, my phone continued with the same problems! At 18% the phone would start to flicker and shut down. Initially I was under the impression that the battery was probably faulty, hence I bought another one from a local Samsung store. However, the problem persisted. That is when I realized the problem might be with the phone. I read online (this forum as well) and decided to factory reset my phone.

I backed up all my data using Kies (takes a long time, and kinda fails at times. Be patient and persistent). Then followed the instructions on this link (Vodafone Support - How to restore factory settings on the Samsung Galaxy Note) to factory reset my phone.

I installed all the apps back, restored Contacts/Messages and other backed up data from Kies, and Voila! My flickering problems are now gone!

Thanks to all for their advise and support. If you are facing similar issues, a factory reset might be worth a shot. I was planning to take it down to the local service store, and tried the factory reset before taking that step. Glad I did try it!

I also have this problem........
    Plz. Help me how can i avoid this problem. ....
    Plz. Help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been having similar issues with mine, lately. I haven't tried anything yet and I'm wondering if I should try the factory resetting first before buying a new battery for my phone as it is quite expensive here in our country. Sigh.

Angry Re: Galaxy Note GT N7000 Battry Drain and Screen Flickering issues

Hi all
    I used my GT-N7000 for watching video/playing game for about 10mins (battery level: 90%), screen flickered for 5 seconds and blackout completely.
    Turn on the phone and battery shows 1%. Took out the battery and put back, the battery reading is resumed back to 70%.
    However, tried the 2nd time to play game/watch video again, the screen flickered for 5 seconds and blackout.completely......same as the 1st time.
    Is there something wrong with the battery or the phone itself?

If I need to do a factory restore, how do I save all my files (photos, games, etc)?

Help please?

Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

I had similar issues with the original battery. I already had a spare 3rd party battery to swap that worked fine. The Samsung battery actually seemed slightly expanded. After the battery sat for a couple months it was very swelled and I pitched it. Try a new battery. A third party brand is cheap. I like the Anker battery that I have because it actually does last longer than the original Samsung unlike another higher specced brand that I tried.

I had the same problem after upgrading from Kies few weeks ago. My battery would go from 80% to 1% suddenly after opening any application or wireless. The phone was going off and once switched off again would go off after few seconds with no chances of staying alive. The only way to stop this was to charge it again, with the battery going back immediately to 80%. I could not do anything a part from using it for calls and texts. At the beginning I thought was the upgrade, and done twice the factory reset, but nothing changed. I then checked my battery and so bulges, so I decided to give a try with a new battery bought it on Amazon for about 5. I've received it today and since I changed the battery the problem is now gone! I think it's worth it to try a new battery if you have had it from at least 1 year and half and using the phone heavily.

I am having severe issue similar to this.....
    whenever I start my internet via wifi or 3g the battery immediately drains and within 15 minutes flickering starts phone is shut down...
    when this issue occurred for the first time the phone got stuck on Samsung logo and would not start...
    possibly the sudden drain and close of phone caused os corruption...
    samsung service center had me reinstall the complete os....

but still the draining and flickering issue continues....
    I can't use my phone without a charger...
    it has been an year, m using this phone.....
    read on internet this might be an issue with android 4.1.2

not really sure if this is due to issue with os or battery.....
    any suggestions would help....

Anyhow, this is too much shame for such an expensive product to behave like this in matter of a year...

I used my GT-N7000 for checking emails facebook Once i turn on the wifi after 10mins (battery level: 90%), screen flickered for 5 seconds and blackout completely.
    Turn on the phone and battery shows 1%. Took out the battery and put back, the battery reading is resumed back to 70%.
    However, when i restart the phone it i have to set the date and time as it does not save them. When i reboot i have to plug it to the charger switch the wifi off i tried to restore the factory settings but the problem is still there switch on the wifi again and, the screen flickered for 5 seconds and blackout.completely......same as the 1st time. the Battery indictor says 1% connect the charger and it says 80% then after 10min of charging it says battery full. Is this a software problem or battery problem. Im still running the Gingerbread OS>
    Is there something wrong with the battery or the phone i

Hi i had same prob with my note n7000 which i had replaced by my phone network but the problem was still there so i went and bought a new battery from eBay for about 6 which was a bargain plus a lot more power then the original battery and hey presto no more drain or flicker on screen anymore. I hope that helps.

Question Re: Galaxy Note GT N7000 Battry Drain and Screen Flickering issues

Hi, I am facing the same issue with galaxy note that i bought almost a year back, It flickers and turns off at battery remaining around 55-60% and battery drains out quite rapidly. Tried uninstalling all the apps, i was using also tried to factory reset,however it all turned to vein.I can sense a slight buldge in the battery. Please recommend whether i should get a new battery or there's something else that can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Vikas Bareja View Post
    Hi, I am facing the same issue with galaxy note that i bought almost a year back, It flickers and turns off at battery remaining around 55-60% and battery drains out quite rapidly. Tried uninstalling all the apps, i was using also tried to factory reset,however it all turned to vein.I can sense a slight buldge in the battery. Please recommend whether i should get a new battery or there's something else that can be done.
    Yes you can do something buy a new battery.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 4

I have exactly the same issue with my samsung N 7000... and similar way.. the battery is getting drained and it happens every time below 30% power and while I play games viz.. temple run, candy crusy or racing games... i bought the phone in may'12 and its been 1.4 yrs till date.. i guess its battery issue n needs to be replaced... Time has come to change the battery!!

Sent mine back to o2 and they replaced the battery a year ago. Between fine ever since. Except laggy after software updates.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Thumbs up Re: Galaxy Note GT N7000 Battry Drain and Screen Flickering issues

upgrade it to 4.1.2...it will work.

I had the same problem with my note. The battery was slightly swelled up, the phone flickered all the time and the battery would sometimes only last a matter of minutes. I replaced the battery and everything was all good for a month or two after that.. until my phone bricked itself.. probably unrelated.

Hi Friend .

I bought this galaxy note 1 2nd hand . It was already on 4.1.2 , my mom has one and its on 2.3 .
    when i compared it , mine lags and battery burns fast !

so i talked to a technician and he said , factory reset the phone and BOOmmmm !

Its Fixed ! it does not lag anymore , battery is now good !

but i have this one problem , when playing temple run it always turn or go to the left side .

i think my problem is the sensor , because when i auto rotate the screen and its not on landscape position , it does go to landscape , gets annoying sometimes

hope you can help me i can help you

i got a problem same like screen flikering and batery drain,pls sort it?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast