samsung galaxy note battery issues:says fully charged when in fact it'snot

kattrin

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

Hope you're all well.
I'm new to this forum and counting on your help.
I've had some really annoying issues with my Samsung Galaxy note battery. I believe it simply doesn't fully charge anymore. A couple of weeks back it started saying 'battery fullycharged, please unplug charger' and when I do it turns out it's not 100% but sometimes as little as 45% or 60%. If I unplug it and then plug it in the message would reapper again and again after a few minutes which is really annoying. I can't charge my phone overnight anymore because I'm unable to monitor the progress of charging.
Please help.
It's not the first issue I've had with battery and charging. about a month ago my phone would indicate that it was plugged in and charging when it wasn't. I fiddled with the little metal inside where you use to plug in your phone. it worked but now thing seems to be mucked up too.

Thanks.

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
When my original battery was getting old it would not charge fully and die quickly. The battery level became less and less accurate. I would try a new battery. You can get a 3rd party battery pretty cheap. I have no problem with the one that I bought.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forums

daniellep.84

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

A week ago my awesome husband also noticed the same sudden characteristic in his note.

This is not a statistical anomaly. Something changed.

Thoughts?

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Android Central Forums... es :)

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I think many of the batteries are about the same age since many of us probably bought during early availability. A different battery works great for me. That said, I don't think that the 4.0.4 is as good with battery, but it could always be certain apps or app updates as well. I am anxious for Jelly Bean to see how that affects everything. I am also planning to buy another spare battery since I already have significant use on my second, use it hard, and they are pretty inexpensive.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forums

Suzanne Cockroft

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
I've got the same problem. Also noticed when it says its charging the battery power seems to go down not up. Getting annoying now especially as I've only had it since July! I found putting the battery in the freeze helped a little but looks like ill be buying a new battery

torigeorgee

May 15, 2013
Visit site
My note refuses to charge no matter what I do! I've had it now for about 7/8 months and for the past say 2 weeks it has been major hassle to charge! it only charges when it wants to. last night I decided to turn my phone off and charge it over night to see if that would make any difference (because I usually charge it whilst its on) however I woke up this morning to it refusing to turn itself on only to discover that the battery hadn't charged at all! I have tried several different chargers, and usb leads and nothing seems to be working..
any help will be great! thanks

Stylgar

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
I'd suspect your charger, unless you have already replaced it.
I'm a long-haul trucker, so there are slight severe service issues in my environment, but I find that the plug at the end of the charger cable is damn near a consumable item. Gas station chargers last from 1-4 weeks, and "quality" (Phone company, Radio Shack, Motorola et c.) cables last up to 4 months in the truck. If you're still using the original cable, try another.

swisstrader

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Here's the solution: you need a new charger and you will be fine. I had the exact same problem...brought it to verizon and at first they said "phone problem, gotta swap it out". I suggested just trying a new charger and that worked like magic...end of problem.

spoutinwyze

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
My Samsung has been one nightmare after another. It's worst fault is battery issues.
Charging is near impossible. Lats year I bought an external charger as I've gone through about 12 USB cords. It's not the USB port, its not the cable, its the software 100% certain.
Sometimes it decides to connect to computer and charge, sometimes not, sometimes i can boot into debug mode, other times not, sometimes it says its charging when its not
sometimes the charge light shows green and charged when its not
sometimes it has zero consistency but this happened after one OS update ages ago and seems to be getting worse.
Currently My battery drains and gets very warm in the matte of 10-20 minutes, and removing battery and placing back in says battery now 100% from 10%.
I've read nearly every forum with all sorts of suggestions, and some work, but you guessed it, temporarily or intermittently.
I have concluded there are no 'smart' smartphones, each has it's downfalls. ive gone through several OS's including rooitng and cyanogenmod. issue never permanently resolved.
Looking for suggestions as to preferred devices and OS' currently before i decide to "up"/downgrade to a smart "dumb"phone. suggestions?

paige oliver

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Re: samsung s4 battery charged but when reach half bar it turn off

my s4 battery is charged but when it reach half bar, it is turn off and when it put it to charge the battery is bead

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos