Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Luke Leasure
  • 1 Post By Sweet Pikake
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Note wont factory reset

Hi,

Sorry if this has been brought up before, i'm new to the Forum, and i've looked quite extensively for a solution, but no luck.

So i've got a Galaxy note. gt-n7000.

I'm not sure what happened, but it will not factory reset. I've tried it from the settings menu, i've tried it from the recovery mode menu and it will not work.

The phone still functions fine. I can use all my apps, but if i change my settings or update anything it goes back to the old settings when i power my phone off and back on.

Example: i changed my password from a pin to a pattern, and when i turn my phone off and on it reverts back. Anything i try to delete off my phone storage, when i turn my phone back on its there again.

Again, i've tries factory resetting every way i can, and it just wont work. Do i have any options?
    Last edited by Luke Leasure; 04-15-2013 at 11:14 PM.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Default Re: Galaxy Note wont factory reset

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Leasure View Post
    Hi,

Sorry if this has been brought up before, i'm new to the Forum, and i've looked quite extensively for a solution, but no luck.

So i've got a Galaxy note. gt-n7000.

I'm not sure what happened, but it will not factory reset. I've tried it from the settings menu, i've tried it from the recovery mode menu and it will not work.

The phone still functions fine. I can use all my apps, but if i change my settings or update anything it goes back to the old settings when i power my phone off and back on.

Example: i changed my password from a pin to a pattern, and when i turn my phone off and on it reverts back. Anything i try to delete of my phone storage, when i turn my phone back on its there again.

Again, i've tries factory resetting every way i can, and it just wont work. Do i have any options?
    Welcome to Android Central please go into settings> about phone> and tell me the build number and baseband you have
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Gingerbread .zsla2

n7000xxla4

Thanks for the quick response.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Gingerbread .zsla2

n7000xxla4

Thanks for the quick response.
    Try following the directions here XXLA4 Android 2.3.6 firmware for Galaxy Note N7000 [Sadly, no Ice Cream Sandwich]
    this should bring your device completely to stock and you will loose all data so make sure you have important data saved.
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

i tried everything here ans still nothing. Odin gave me a pass, and the phone turned on but still nothing happened. Anymore advice?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

So i've tried tried all of these steps and it still wont factory reset. It flashed successfully, then when i power the phone back on everything is the same.

passwords are still there, pictures, everything. Its refusing to reset, not sure what else to do.

Anyone else have any ideas?
    Last edited by Luke Leasure; 04-16-2013 at 08:25 PM.
    Lolol LOLOL likes this.

ROM
    OEM

So i've tried tried all of these steps and it still wont factory reset. It flashed successfully, then when i power the phone back on everything is the same.

passwords are still there, pictures, everything. Its refusing to reset, not sure what else to do.

Anyone else have any ideas?
    Turn off the phone.
    Press and hold Volume Up and Volume Down keys at the same time, keep holding both keys, then
    Press Power key only until the phone vibrates once, then release only the Power key
    Continue to hold Volume Up and Volume Down keys until Android System Recovery screen appears
    Press Volume Down key to highlight wipe data / factory reset
    Press Power key to select
    Press Volume Down key to highlight Yes-Delete all user data
    Press Power key to reboot

Good Luck
    pandafurreal83 likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Still nothing.

Ive tried to factory reset from recovery mode and it doesn't work either.

i've tried *2767*3855# Full Factory Reset, that doesn't work either.

Also when i hold the volume up and down buttons then push the power button there is no vibration, it just powers on.

I don't think the standard factory reset options will work, as i've tried most/all of them.

Its strange, its obviously not bricked too badly, as it still functions completely normal, but after i power it off and on it reverts back to the way it was. Nothing is saved, and it seems impossible to factory reset.

Any other ideas?
    Last edited by Luke Leasure; 04-16-2013 at 10:01 PM.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

bump...can anyone else help?
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Can anyone else help?

ROM
    OEM

Can anyone else help?
    just a wild thought. what would happen when u hook up ur phone to a computer. it would be recognized as a storage. da internal storage then become as a hard disk drive. is it possible to format, then flash da os via odin or from recovery. its just an idea.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Yeh the computer does recognize it, i've tried flashing using odin, but it still will not work. After flash, i get a pass, then it boots up as if nothing happens. I think the problem is with the recovery. Not sure how to fix it though. Phone isn't rooted, so i don't think i can repair the recovery manually.

I tried Nand erase all, but it wouldn't pass in Odin. I'm out of ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Pikake View Post
    Turn off the phone.
    Press and hold Volume Up and Volume Down keys at the same time, keep holding both keys, then
    Press Power key only until the phone vibrates once, then release only the Power key
    Continue to hold Volume Up and Volume Down keys until Android System Recovery screen appears
    Press Volume Down key to highlight wipe data / factory reset
    Press Volume Down key to highlight Yes-Delete all user data
    Press Power key to reboot

Good Luck
    i already do step by step but after i klik wipe data/factory reset it keeps asking for conformation password..

Pls help..
    Thank and sorry my bad english.

I'm having a worse issue... my phone changed the pass code to unlock the phone. The pass. that worked before doesn't now. I tried resetting it but I need a password for that too! If anybody can help it would greatly appreciate it! Also should be noted that neither samsung or AT&T can help me. The model number is SGH-i717