Cannot open encrypted files from external sd card after factory reset..HELP PLEASE!
My phone and sdcard were encrypted per work's admin policy. I messed my phone and decided to factory reset it with the card in the phone.
I thought i had already backed up all the files from the ext sd card but i didnt. Now after the reset i cannot open any files. I could see
Them but cannot open to view them. There many pix and videos clips of my family that would hate to lose. What can i do? I heard some where that if i used the same PIN as before the reset, it would recover. The problem is, the device or company policy or something doesnt allow me to select the
Same PIN as before. Please help! THANKS AHEAD.
- 06-06-2013, 04:50 AM #2
- 06-07-2013, 10:58 AM #4
- 253 Posts
Re: Cannot open encrypted files from external sd card after factory reset..HELP PLEASE!
Isn't this kind of the point of the encryption though. I mean the goal is so that if someone steals your phone and resets it the data is lost and unusable to them.
I also have a hard time believeing setting the same pin would remove the encryption. If that is true then the encryption is really week and shouldn't be allowed in any enterprise. I would expect some variation of AES 256 Bit encryption that would be rather hard for a normal person to crack in any reasonable amount of time.
A suggestion is if you need to use this for same phone for Work and Personal setup some form of autoupload with dropbox or Google+ atleast then your data is somewhere other then the phone and protected.
- By xandrani in forum Motorola DefyReplies: 1Last Post: 07-22-2013, 05:12 AM
- By ftgg99 in forum Android AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 03-01-2012, 02:59 PM
- By Jahite128 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 07-05-2011, 11:09 AM
- By BIGSAM#AC in forum AT&T Samsung InfuseReplies: 5Last Post: 06-24-2011, 08:33 PM
- By Dankees in forum Android AppsReplies: 7Last Post: 04-11-2011, 09:06 AM