Phone reboots nonstop and home screen is blank

cutesymin

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Last night I did the update, and it said it was successful. BUT, the screen was still stuck in that updating stage. I didn't think to much about it, and stupidly restarted my phone. Fast forward to now, my phone keeps rebooting nonstop. I can't even access the home screen anymore, and if I do, it's just a black screen and it reboots immediately. The home screen button still works, and I have to search the web by doing that.

I've tried to factory reset, and still no luck. There was a message that popped up saying 'Unfortunately, the process .com.android.phone has stopped working'. I've had this phone for about a year, and have never had the problem(I don't even have a warranty, just in case it's a hardware problem) and I was wondering if I can redo the update to fix the problem(if it can be fixed) Please help!!

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Try turning it on while it is plugged in. And then if that doesn't work then try a factory reset. But keep in mind that you should always back up your data before you do a factory reset. I recommend using an app called titanium backup: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ils?id=com.koushikdutta.backup&token=m7aCECDO. This will not back up all the data so i recommend finding other apps as well to back up your other data. If you are using google apps, you shouldn't worry about losing data because they back up your data automatically to googles servers. Good luck :)

cutesymin

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I've tried all of that, and still no luck. I was able to connect it to kies, and i noticed the file .com.android.phone was missing. I can't even access my photo gallery either.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
So it sound like your phone can still be detected by your computer, which is good. Maybe use KIES or ODIN to flash the update? Let me look into this more when I get home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy