1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy system ui problem

I have looked everywhere for this, but cannot find it. I am not sure how, but the systemui.apk is no longer on my phone, and so all features that it controls are not working. Does anyone have the apk for the Note 1 N7000 jelly bean update that I can download? I am going crazy without my notification bar.

Default Re: system ui problem

First let me ask, is your phone rooted? That would be the only way you could have even possibly removed/frozen/disabled " systemui.apk ". Even then your device wouldn't function barely because systemui.apk is a major part of the OS.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

No, it is not rooted. It came up with an error that my was cleared by my daughter, and then it was gone. One solution my husband suggested was to root it, but I will be traveling on the 27th, and NEED my phone to contact my husband once home. I cannot risk bricking my phone, and cannot find a root for my build/kernel.

Have you done a factory reset to see if that helps? I hate recommending it but I can't really think of anything else aside from flashing the factory images to the device to completely reset it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app
    Paul

Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Three times actually. It did not work. Cleared the cache too.

Hmmm... Hate seeing someone have trouble like this. Unfortunately given your situation you may have to wait it out until you can take the risk and attempt to flash the factory images back to the device, using Odin I would assume being a Samsung device..
    Paul

I did a little searching a came up with this link. Seems like the guide gives reasonable instruction on performing the task.

Paul

Thanked by:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Thank you so much. Seeing as there is risk to this I will try this as soon as I get home. This looks like what I am looking for.