system ui problem

Nikoah Thornton

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
I have looked everywhere for this, but cannot find it. I am not sure how, but the systemui.apk is no longer on my phone, and so all features that it controls are not working. Does anyone have the apk for the Note 1 N7000 jelly bean update that I can download? I am going crazy without my notification bar. :'(

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
First let me ask, is your phone rooted? That would be the only way you could have even possibly removed/frozen/disabled " systemui.apk ". Even then your device wouldn't function barely because systemui.apk is a major part of the OS.

Nikoah Thornton

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
No, it is not rooted. It came up with an error that my was cleared by my daughter, and then it was gone. One solution my husband suggested was to root it, but I will be traveling on the 27th, and NEED my phone to contact my husband once home. I cannot risk bricking my phone, and cannot find a root for my build/kernel.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Have you done a factory reset to see if that helps? I hate recommending it but I can't really think of anything else aside from flashing the factory images to the device to completely reset it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm... Hate seeing someone have trouble like this. Unfortunately given your situation you may have to wait it out until you can take the risk and attempt to flash the factory images back to the device, using Odin I would assume being a Samsung device..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude