Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Unhappy my galaxy note won't turn on

    hi,
    i owned a galaxy note gt-n7000. a few days ago, i've rooted my phone and tried to upgrade it to the jelly bean. i just followed the instruction from the internet. when i was trying to factory reset my phone suddenly my phone shut down it self and won't turn on again. it has been 2 days. i feel very stupid, i just follow my friend advice on upgrading it. please somebody help me. is my phone can't be save anymore?
  2. #2  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    32,258 Posts
    Global Posts
    32,756 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

    Default Re: my galaxy note won't turn on

    Quote Originally Posted by Nurul Rubyy View Post
    hi,
    i owned a galaxy note gt-n7000. a few days ago, i've rooted my phone and tried to upgrade it to the jelly bean. i just followed the instruction from the internet. when i was trying to factory reset my phone suddenly my phone shut down it self and won't turn on again. it has been 2 days. i feel very stupid, i just follow my friend advice on upgrading it. please somebody help me. is my phone can't be save anymore?
    Welcome to the forums.
    Sorry to hear about your phone. Can you boot into recovery (Power, and volume up) or Download Mode (power and volume down)? The Home button may need to be pressed as well.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: my galaxy note won't turn on

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Welcome to the forums.
    Sorry to hear about your phone. Can you boot into recovery (Power, and volume up) or Download Mode (power and volume down)? The Home button may need to be pressed as well.
    hi, thanks for the respond,
    i can't do anything to it.
  4. #4  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    32,258 Posts
    Global Posts
    32,756 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

    Default Re: my galaxy note won't turn on

    Quote Originally Posted by Nurul Rubyy View Post
    hi, thanks for the respond,
    i can't do anything to it.
    Can you try a different battery? If so, and it still doesn't work, you have what is called a bricked device.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: my galaxy note won't turn on

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Can you try a different battery? If so, and it still doesn't work, you have what is called a bricked device.
    then, what should i do?? sobs
    i haven't try changing my battery yet, but if it doesn't help also, what should i do? would appreciate if you could help me. im totally lost! thanks alot
  6. #6  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    32,258 Posts
    Global Posts
    32,756 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

    Default Re: my galaxy note won't turn on

    Quote Originally Posted by Nurul Rubyy View Post
    then, what should i do?? sobs
    i haven't try changing my battery yet, but if it doesn't help also, what should i do? would appreciate if you could help me. im totally lost! thanks alot
    If a new battery doesn't work, there is not much that can be done. Sorry.

    From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app
  7. #7  

    Default Re: my galaxy note won't turn on

    Hello. I have a similar problem. When I press the Start button, the Samsung logo appears on the screen and the Samsung ring is spinning, but the phone never gets started (no desktop screen comes up) and it goes on like this forever, like it is trying to start and never succeeds.

    Trying to put it into Recovery Mode gives the same thing, and the Download Mode is also get started, but I am not sure what to do next and if I need to do anything in the Download Mode.

    PLEASE HELP.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: my galaxy note won't turn on

    Quote Originally Posted by Bul-Bul View Post
    Hello. I have a similar problem. When I press the Start button, the Samsung logo appears on the screen and the Samsung ring is spinning, but the phone never gets started (no desktop screen comes up) and it goes on like this forever, like it is trying to start and never succeeds.

    Trying to put it into Recovery Mode gives the same thing, and the Download Mode is also get started, but I am not sure what to do next and if I need to do anything in the Download Mode.

    PLEAE HELP.
    Take y memory card out and try that. You device may be too full of Memory.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: my galaxy note won't turn on

    Take your memory card out and try again.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: my galaxy note won't turn on

    good,Take your memory card out and try again. thanks
  11. #11  

    Default Re: my galaxy note won't turn on

    My samsung galaxy note 8 won't switch on. The Logo appears but just that and it it keeps doing that, No dekstop appearing. What to do?
  12. #12  

    Default Re: my galaxy note won't turn on

    Quote Originally Posted by Jjunaii View Post
    My samsung galaxy note 8 won't switch on. The Logo appears but just that and it it keeps doing that, No dekstop appearing. What to do?
    Take memory card out. See if it boots now. If not press and hold the power button and volume down button at the same time. Screen will appear saying volume down button to stop down load. Press volume down. Phone will shut off and turn back on to install apps. After it finished everything I took me battery out and waited 2 minutes and put it
    back in. I also advise you to get a new battery. How to hard reset a galaxy note 8 is on the web.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: my galaxy note won't turn on

    hi i have a samsung galaxy note one, and it wont turn on,i hold the power button, it vibrates then nothing happens, the screen is black and i tried the volume thing and it did not work
  14. #14  
    KenSanDiego's Avatar

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

    Default Re: my galaxy note won't turn on

    Might as well throw mine in there as well. Note1 N7000. Havent rooted or rom'd. I did make the mistake of setting it on top of an old hard drive overnight. I think the magnet wiped the memory or something. Will not power up..no power at all to do anything. Battery doesn't charge..no lights, no activity, nothing. Pulled microsd, and sim card out. still nothing. New battery on the way. We'll see what happens.
  15. #15  
    KenSanDiego's Avatar

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

    Default Re: my galaxy note won't turn on

    New battery came in. I removed Micro-SD and SIM, charged new battery with wall charger that came with battery ($9 for both on Amazon), then installed new battery and it fired right up. whew! dodged a bullet on that one.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: my galaxy note won't turn on

    i have the same things it will let go into download mode what do i do help please

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-12-2017, 09:15 PM
  2. Won't Update from 4.1.2
    By streetslide in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-18-2013, 11:00 AM
  3. Is this the place for the Galaxy Note 10.1?
    By Rob.G in forum Samsung Galaxy Note
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-23-2013, 08:24 PM
  4. Samsung GS3 Touchscreen won't Register Touch
    By Mattschmidt0 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-18-2013, 02:06 AM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-17-2013, 09:58 PM

Posting Permissions