1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy note 8.0 cannot find work wifi after accidentally clicking forget.

Hello, I have a galaxy note 8.0 running 4.2.2, one day at work I accidently clicked forget on the wifi network and now I cannot even find the network at all, plus entering the settings manually doesn't seem to work neither, I have tried factory resetting the device and still no luck. I am unable to reset the router as it is at the place where I work used by many people, I downloaded a wifi finder app and managed to find a trace of the network but with a question mark next to it but still couldn't connect? I can connect perfectly via my phone and so can others but I have no idea what to do as my tablet is now out of warranty, any ideas please would greatly appreciated

Thanks

Default Re: Galaxy note 8.0 cannot find work wifi after accidentally clicking forget.

Welcome to Android Central! Well that's a bit odd. Go to Settings/Wi-Fi, and hit the Menu button. Try the Scan option first. If that doesn't bring up your network, select Advanced, and see if there is an option to choose the Wi-Fi Frequency Band. If there is one, select either "Auto," or the band that was not originally displayed (i.e., if it said 2.4 GHz, then select 5 GHz).