Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rick2210
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HELP - I have a messed Up Galaxy Note SGH-i717

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I recently bought used i717 on Ebay. It is supposed to be unlocked but have not been able to confirm as the standard code does not work. Have not been able to root as superoneclick does not work. Finally got it to connect to Kies but Kies states latest ROM is installed.

When I go to Settings >>> About Phone - Model Number is Samsung SGH-i717, Android Version 2.3.6, Baseband Version T989UVKL1, Kernel version 2.6.35.11, Build number Gingerbread.UCLA1

When I boot up the ATT logo stuff is displayed and there was a bunch of ATT bloatware apps installed, most of which I deleted as I do not use ATT

Don't remember where I was but on one web site about upgrading stated that baseband version should be I717UCLA1, I717UCLF6, or I717UCMB4 before updatingand that It will be I717UCMD3 after the update.

I have discovered that the Baseband Version T989UVKL1 is for an SGH-T989, T-Mobile Samsung Galasy S II, which is probably the reason it won't update through Kies.

I want to upgrade to Jelly Bean 4.1.2.

Have considered Cyangenomod but afraid that with the non-ATT baseband I might brick it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I am new to this and it has been very confusing so far.

Default Re: HELP - I have a messed Up Galaxy Note SGH-i717

You might be able to resolve the problem with an Odin back to the stock AT&T firmware, root, and then upgrade to whatever ROM you'd like.

Honestly, your best bet would be to head over to XDA and post your question there. I don't know how many people are still using the original Note (I had one until a few months ago), but anyone who is and is knowledgeable enough to help you would be on XDA. So find the AT&T Note forum and post your question there.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Took your advice and posted on XDA - AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note i717 forum
    tube517 likes this.

ROM
    Decks Reloaded,RebelROM

Quote Originally Posted by Techngro View Post
    You might be able to resolve the problem with an Odin back to the stock AT&T firmware, root, and then upgrade to whatever ROM you'd like.

Honestly, your best bet would be to head over to XDA and post your question there. I don't know how many people are still using the original Note (I had one until a few months ago), but anyone who is and is knowledgeable enough to help you would be on XDA. So find the AT&T Note forum and post your question there.
    I pop in the Note XDA forum once in a while and they have (CM based) KitKat ROMs for the Note that work nicely. Still a solid phone. Hopefully the OP can get straight over there.
    TOSHIBA Thrive • Pio's Team Baked BlackBean 4.1.2 ROM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 1 (i717) • CM11 4.4.2 kitkat (jamied)
    Samsung GalaxyTab 3 (7 in) • Deleterious ROM
    HTC EVO 4G • Deck's Reloaded ROM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (i317) unlocked • Ditto Note 3.1.1 (4.3) ROM
    B&N Nook Color (Gifted to relative)
    Samsung Galaxy Prevail • Half A$$ed ROM
    EVO Shift• JellyBelly ROM
    Samsung Galaxy S3 • DanKang 4.3.1 ROM