Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Note: Deleted OS, Odin Fails, Computer won't recognize phone

I really need some help. I thought I did a factory restore but somehow deleted the entire operating system. I tried flashing an official ROM via Odin but it failed (I know it previously worked), and my PC won't recognize the phone. I do have a custom recovery, TWRP, but the backup was on a different custom recovery so I can't access it. Any ideas? I have researched extensively and have found nothing. Kies won't even recognize my phone.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-27-2014 at 12:00 AM.

Default Re: Deleted OS, Odin Fails, Computer won't recognize phone

If it was ONLY your OS that was deleted, I don't see why Kies and Odin fail to recognize your phone especially in download mode. Anyhow, you can try first booting your phone in Download mode and then connecting it to your computer via Kies or Odin (this somehow does the trick). And if you can access your custom recovery, just flash in a new ROM. If your backup is via another Custom Recovery, there is nothing you can do except to flash in that particular custom recovery (which is somewhat risky at this point as if it fails you might end up with absoultely nothing). Oh and you can try fastboot commands when in dl mode to see if your computer even recognizes your phone. If not, try changing the USB slot or cable, also try installing the phone drivers again (usually that helps as well)
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Deleted OS, Odin Fails, Computer won't recognize phone

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidProf View Post
    If it was ONLY your OS that was deleted, I don't see why Kies and Odin fail to recognize your phone especially in download mode. Anyhow, you can try first booting your phone in Download mode and then connecting it to your computer via Kies or Odin (this somehow does the trick). And if you can access your custom recovery, just flash in a new ROM. If your backup is via another Custom Recovery, there is nothing you can do except to flash in that particular custom recovery (which is somewhat risky at this point as if it fails you might end up with absoultely nothing). Oh and you can try fastboot commands when in dl mode to see if your computer even recognizes your phone. If not, try changing the USB slot or cable, also try installing the phone drivers again (usually that helps as well)
    Thanks but my phone will not flash the stock ROM, and I have tried multiple ports and computers. Odin does recognize the phone but will not flash ROMs.

I also cannot get the phone's drivers to install on my computer, and I have reinstalled them multiple times.. How do you do a fastboot in dl mode?

Can anyone help me? I feel like I've wasted $400 on a phone that is now useless (I did buy it refurbished but also bought a third-party warranty, and accessories so it added up fast.)