Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation i717 Audio Problems! PLEASSSSE HELP

I have done everything I can think of. What happens is when I turn the phone on, it automatically thinks there's headsets in it when there's not. I even disconnected the audio jack & it's still reading it. I need help, any advice would be great & appreciated.

Default Re: i717 Audio Problems! PLEASSSSE HELP

Welcome to Android Central! What do you mean by disconnecting the audio jack? Did you actually open the phone up and remove the hardware connection?

And you don't have your Bluetooth on, right?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Welcome to Android Central! What do you mean by disconnecting the audio jack? Did you actually open the phone up and remove the hardware connection?

And you don't have your Bluetooth on, right?

Thank you & I opened the phone & did it & my bluetooth isn't on, but if i connect it, it works. If i call someone, it uses my regular speakers, but then i can't use my headsets.

And I assume you've tried a system cache partition wipe and/or a factory data reset? If so, then it may be a hardware defect. Since you opened the phone up, that presumably voids the warranty (if it was even still under warranty, that is).
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    And I assume you've tried a system cache partition wipe and/or a factory data reset? If so, then it may be a hardware defect. Since you opened the phone up, that presumably voids the warranty (if it was even still under warranty, that is).
    i've had the phone for awhile. i was wondering what can make the headset short out like that?