N7000 Wi-Fi Connection Issues

JacobT15

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone. I have an N7000, on stock 4.1.2. I've had the phone for several months now, and a few days ago rooted it using Philz-CWM6 method. I got root successfully, and had no real issues.

Last night, the battery drained fully, and the phone shut down. This morning I charged it up, and immediately noticed issues with the wi-fi. What happens specifically is when the phone first boots up, wi-fi works fine, I can browse the net, use any services that rely on network access, everything. After a short period of time, around 5 minutes at the most, I'm no longer able to access the internet, though the device is still connected to my home network, still has an IP, but can't be pinged from another computer connected to the same network. If I turn my wi-fi off and then back on, it works about 50% of the time, but even then, only for a minute or two before it drops again.

I'm not too sure what the issue could be, it's not solely a DNS issue, as apps which don't rely on DNS, such as IRC don't work either. I've tried assigning the phone a static IP from the router, confirmed that there's no power saving options enabled for wi-fi on the phone, and rebooted both the phone and router several times with no luck.

I then went ahead and used Odin to restore back to the stock firmware, got rid of the root, cwm, and the yellow triangle in the process. Set it up as a completely fresh device, and the issue still persists. Tried it on both my home network and a public hotspot, and both produce the same results.

After several minutes of use I'm no longer able to access the internet, but all the settings show me as still connected to the network, however when I try to ping the device from another computer on the network, it times out.

Really at a loss for what to do at this point. Would anyone have any ideas?

Phone details:
Baseband Version: N7000XXLT3
Build: JZO5K.N7000XXLT9
Android: 4.1.2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1