Thinks it's charging even though it's unplugged

mj0

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
The Note that I've acquired recently has now finally, after a few days use, shown its ugly face. Occasional, the phone seems to think it's charging even though it's unplugged. It alternates between charging and not charging every two seconds or so and doesn't properly recognize a charger either, meaning plugging it in won't stop the madness. Rebooting doesn't fix this and neither does power off - power on. The phone won't start on this state but rather display a battery symbol and turn off again. The only thing that does seem to help is taking out the battery for a few seconds.

I've already replaced the battery with a new one to no avail. Any ideas what else this could be?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'd suspect a problem with the microUSB port. Make sure there isn't any debris in there, and that the pin isn't bent or damaged.

mj0

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
You're good, really good. There was some dust in the USB port which I managed to get out using a toothpick. The error persisted though but I was able to find out what it was. The latest behavior was a bit different than before - the phone didn't notice when I unplugged the charger. It didn't alternate between charging and not charging but was stuck at charging. However, applying slight pressure to the middle bridge using the toothpick immediately put the phone back into normal operating mode. So I guess replacing the USB board should solve this problem once and for all.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463