Why does my Samsung Note 1 freeze up while booting?

A

AC Question

Samsung Note 1 freezes up while booting.

I have a Note 1 and when I go to boot it, the Samsung logo appears twice and then the ATT logo spins momentarily. Then it stops spinning, the four buttons at the bottom light up and then it freezes. The ATT logo still shows against a white background but it doesn't do anything else. I tried booting holding the volume button and power button as well as other things but they don't work. The battery is not the problem because I tried replacing battery with a working battery from another Samsung Note 1. I removed the SD card. It is an unlocked ATT phone that I am using on Straight Talk. Any suggestions? Thanks!

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Samsung Note 1 freezes up while booting.

I have a Note 1 and when I go to boot it, the Samsung logo appears twice and then the ATT logo spins momentarily. Then it stops spinning, the four buttons at the bottom light up and then it freezes. The ATT logo still shows against a white background but it doesn't do anything else. I tried booting holding the volume button and power button as well as other things but they don't work. The battery is not the problem because I tried replacing battery with a working battery from another Samsung Note 1. I removed the SD card. It is an unlocked ATT phone that I am using on Straight Talk. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Welcome to Android Central!

The OS might be messed up, you can use the guide below to do a recovery. Keep in mind that it will completely reset your phone and you will lose all your data.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...amsung-emergency-recovering-samsung-kies.html