Note 2 Searching for GPS problems

sealover1

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Note 2 Searching for GPS problems

Hi I have the note 2 and for some time now I have been having problems using my sat nav be it google maps or co-pilot which is the two I have been using up to now.

for some reasons my not keeps saying searching for gps but never finds it. I did try doing a reinstall of the whole phone and it did work for a day or so but now has gone back to saying searching for gps

have tried 3 different gps fix apps but non helped

can anyone help please I use my sat nav all the time and feeling lost with out it :(

note GT-N7105
Android vir 4,4.2

Last edited:

sealover1

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi Thanks for that I tried it in safe mode and the problem is still the same so you think it must be an app I have installed onto it that's interfering with it then?... I do have lots on there no idea which one is doing it though, is it a question of uninstalling every app one at a time then?

trouble is if I do a new install google downloads all of my apps at once so not sure where to start to find out which one is doing it

dlcpa

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Very interesting, I have the Note 2 now AT&T. I'm having the same GPS problems with Google Maps but Waze worked right from the get-go but when I made my first turn I couldn't find the GPS. I looked to see what was open and Google Maps and Uber were open so I closed them and then I never have another problem again. Keep in mind Waze doesn't have satellite view so it's less of a drain on memory or ram or whatever. I got to my location without a problem. It seems to be a little bit slower than Google Maps because I had that on my tablet. Now I'm having second thoughts about shelling out $250 for a Note 4.

Here's the thing , I probably need another cell phone line for business at least for a while because my old area code is 516 and I moved to 561 so people at screwing things up and I could be losing calls. So my options are, to get another phone like a note 4 for $250 and pay $15 a month for a second line AT&T or To get one of the buy one get one free phones, pay $30 a month and another 15 for the second line. That's 45 a month but if I lose my phone or it breaks I'll have the other one as a backup and then I can reactivate Note 2 as the other line. With the brand new phones I'll be paying $45 a month more plus tax, that's also tax deductible because my primary use is for business.

However I was planning on getting an LG v20 but that seems to be coming out without a changeable battery. So I don't know what's left as far as phones with changeable batteries. It is amazing the Note 2 it's still working fine except for that GPS problem which could be solved with Waze or maybe taking Google Maps off satellite mode, I have not tried that.

The cheapest thing would be to just buy the Note 4, pay 15 bucks a month more and use the Note 2 for the other line , at least until I can figure out what I want to do. How reliable are these Galaxy Note 4s

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi Thanks for that I tried it in safe mode and the problem is still the same so you think it must be an app I have installed onto it that's interfering with it then?.

No, it's the other way around--if the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it doesn't have to do with anything you installed. It's more likely to be a firmware or hardware issue. When you mentioned doing a reinstall of the phone, I assume you meant a factory reset, correct? If the firmware has become corrupt, then a factory reset won't help, because it's just restoring the phone to the same corrupt firmware. You could try reinstalling the firmware using Kies (http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...amsung-emergency-recovering-samsung-kies.html). Make sure you back up or sync all of your data first, because I believe this wipes the phone.

sealover1

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
well got so fed up with this problem that I bought another Samsung 2 same LTE model, and god man its doing the same thing as my other one, theres something I,m downloading when syncing with google account I think as it was working to start with then after downloading all my apps its staed doing it again. I like the note 2 I got lots of spare batteries and things to go with it so don't really want to upgrade, I wonder if rooting it might help? what do you think?

sealover1

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
seems this is happening to the note 4 as well so upgrading the phone wont do any good either. so is this the end of the note phone as we know it if we want to use GPS?? :(

dlcpa

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Keep in mind if the phone is getting hot and the batteries are swelling because the phone is constantly looking for satellites, you could have a problem and you need to shut off location services.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Great! Although it's still puzzling to me that the same thing happened on a different Note 2 ...

Cooler299

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
The above article might solve your issue but if it does not then I feel that it might be because of installing multiple Navigation Apps. Try uninstalling the ones which you don't use and stick to only one App that you prefer.