Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Default Re: Gaining Root on the Precedent

Can somebody upload a link. The link for oden is now dead. Thanks

I could not get to mega upload it said that the site had been removed

Any one know how to root a Samsung precedent

add your E-mail and ill e-mail you Oden and the Files and a how 2 sheet.
    Quote Originally Posted by username is already taken View Post
    Any one know how to root a Samsung precedent
    DroidHost likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AzHavicx View Post
    add your E-mail and ill e-mail you Oden and the Files and a how 2 sheet.
    Can you email that stuff to please....my email is babarackus11@gmail.com. Thanks

Global Posts
    1,227 Global Posts
    ROM
    AreaROM 3.0 or CM7.0.1

Try http:

You'll find three different root files (they all work), the XP drivers (7 installs them itself when you plug the phone in) and Gingerbread if you want to install it. (If you're installing GB, don't bother with rooting - the GB ROM is already rooted.) If you've never installed CWM, use the GB with CWM file. If you have CWM installed, you can use the plain GB file and use CWM to install it.

The Odin method is messed up dude!!!!

my email is ronnbrown1993@gmail can u email my the files thanks for your anticapated reply

the link for the odin method is no longer working do to FBI piracy lawsuit can anyone help me i tried one click and i think i have to be connected to the internet for it to work bc it says server not found daemon inactive and i cant find an odin rom anywhere pls help thanx in advance for anyone who helps along the way

Global Posts
    1,227 Global Posts
    ROM
    AreaROM 3.0 or CM7.0.1

Try this link - it's working at this time (and has been for a long time, so it'll probably be there for a while). It's the rtto root, and it works.

Edit: It would help if I posted the link, wouldn't it?

the link for the Odin has been seized

I'm a total newbie to all of this so pleas forgive me! I've successfully rooted my precedent with Odin, and downloaded Titanium Backup (free version), so now how the heck to I move my apps to my sd and get more room for more apps?! I've read about the AreaRom, but I'm a little nervous to do it without knowing exactly what I'm doing! Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Global Posts
    1,227 Global Posts
    ROM
    AreaROM 3.0 or CM7.0.1

1) The AreaROM people maintain a chat server. Connect with them (there's a link on their site, if you don't do IRC) and talk to them. If you have a problem they'll sit with you and try to get it fixed. But, aside from waiting for that first boot (it takes a while, so you might chew off a few fingers), it should go smoothly.

2) Format the SD card to have an ext4 partition before you install the ROM (I use a 2GB partition) and you won't have to worry about space for apps for a few years.

Thanks! Now how do I go about partitioning? I've been googling it, but, there's so much info out there that it's totally overwhelming! Like I said, I'm a total newbie to all of this, and I want to make sure I don't screw anything up! Any links or anything would be much appreciated!

k is is cool to do it

I have modified the code for the one click root method and now works perfect. Anyone needing this file message me with Premiere OCR in the title along with your e-mail address and I will send you the file.

Quote Originally Posted by PremiereK View Post
    My intro in these forums. Tells a little more about me and why I'm here. Intro

Quote Originally Posted by PremiereK View Post
    I have modified the code for the one click root method and now works perfect. Anyone needing this file message me with Premiere OCR in the title along with your e-mail address and I will send you the file.
    Why don't you paste a dropbox link on the first page of your thread
    I could use a copy

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

Please send file. :-) Premiere OCR +

Use GingerBreak hear is a video that shows you how to do it. and also it takes a while, the link is in the description below the video .. to make it easier i added the gingerbreak.apk app below just download it, plug phone into computer into storage mode put copy gingerbreak to phone then go to app market and download a zip file reader and then open it and click root and let it do what it need to do.. just make sure the phone is in USB debug mode before it will work tho.
    Attached Files Attached Files

ROM
    AK51 Kernel, AR 3.3

Quote Originally Posted by security_to_droid View Post
    Use GingerBreak hear is a video that shows you how to do it. and also it takes a while, the link is in the description below the video .. to make it easier i added the gingerbreak.apk app below just download it, plug phone into computer into storage mode put copy gingerbreak to phone then go to app market and download a zip file reader and then open it and click root and let it do what it need to do.. just make sure the phone is in USB debug mode before it will work tho.

DOESN'T Work on the Precedent or Prevail... as of the last time i tried it.

any news with doing this to the precedent yet

Check out the LG optimus s that is how a community should operate and development is on fire I don't want to give out my e-mail to have to root my phone

This is why Dev wont take off on this phone!

Global Posts
    1,227 Global Posts
    ROM
    AreaROM 3.0 or CM7.0.1

Still looking to root the Precedent?

@vernotzy:
    The Precedent community is very active. There's Area51 and Cyanogen and a few other ROMs available.

No way to recover it?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast