All things prl!

PoorBoy52760

Banned
Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully this Thread will get some Responces as the others dont seem to be doing much...

To Change the PRL File on your Precedent you will first need to get your MSL heres where the fun begins, as you cannot simply get it under normal ways so here is the way to get your MSL

goto the market and get alogcat this app will log everything then do the next step

start alogcat, ##3282#, edit, put in random msl, back to alogcat filter using the phrase msl, msl was listed in green text

after you have your MSL there is a GREAT IDIOTS GUIDE to Flashing PRLs Here Follow it step by step it does work i will include the prl file 22081 which i have found to work well

you will need the samsung drivers which can be gotten here 32 bit Drivers

and here 64 bit Drivers

Please remember to Unzip the PRL before trying to flash it.. have a great day.

You will also find the 22081 prl zip file on this post hope this helps and remember click like and thanks...

slpear77

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
1. What is a PRL file?
2. What does "flash" mean?
3. How do I know which of the 2 drivers you mentioned I need and what do they do? I'm new to smart phones and an idiot with them...sorry. But thanks in advance for the help!

PoorBoy52760

Banned
Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
1. What is a PRL file?
2. What does "flash" mean?
3. How do I know which of the 2 drivers you mentioned I need and what do they do? I'm new to smart phones and an idiot with them...sorry. But thanks in advance for the help!

Answers.

1. a PRL (Preffered Roaming List)

2. Flash is the like Burning a DISC only it puts it on the chip inside the phone not a disc.

3. if you are running a 32 bit Operating System you will need the 32 bit software if you are running a 64 bit opeating system you will need the 64 bit

Hope this helps

slpear77

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
They say your newly selected PRL may work one day and be useless the next. So I have 2 questions:
1. Why not just use the UPDATE PRL button under Settings< About Phone< System Updates, to let your device select the best PRL?
2. How are you to know which PRL to change over to? I live in eastern central Florida and have almost no signal at my house. I also find a lot of "dead areas" in and outside my area. What is the benefit of choosing the PRL myself?

PoorBoy52760

Banned
Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
They say your newly selected PRL may work one day and be useless the next. So I have 2 questions:
1. Why not just use the UPDATE PRL button under Settings< About Phone< System Updates, to let your device select the best PRL?
2. How are you to know which PRL to change over to? I live in eastern central Florida and have almost no signal at my house. I also find a lot of "dead areas" in and outside my area. What is the benefit of choosing the PRL myself?

the prl update only under settings only gives you 10 -15 towers you can access a TRUE POSTPAID SPRINT PRL Gives you like 1000 Towers

For More info on PRLS and flashing and such, goto PRL INFO IN FORUMS

slpear77

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
When i type in ##3282#, then edit, then type in any prl (used the one you used), the phone says EXCESS MSL FAILURE. PHONE WILL POWER OFF. Got any suggestions?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Dead stale thread, but the 32 bit driver (you'll need it for Windows XP) is at codegeekbbs.com/samsung.php along with another few useful files). Windows 7 seems to find the drivers itself.

SBsauce

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Hello I've been trying different prls for a week and no luck I live in va. Beach and would love a suggestion on which prl to try so my kindred spirit would finally be happy and no longer doubt my computer skills shes a harsh judge thanks

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
SBsuace, exactly what are you trying to accomplish? You're not going to get on towers the Sprint doesn't allow you to use by changing the PRL. That's urban legend.

SBsauce

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
im just trying to find a decent prl file that works in this area for the galaxy precedent and obviously using sprnt towers i know i couldnt use anything else outside theirs any help would be a boon

mommytink

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
ok my question is is there anyway to change the prl without a computer i understand the hole prl and msl thing but dont have a comp and really need t5o change my prl on my phone

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall