Phone says battery is charging when it's NOT plugged in.

Shellie Cardinell

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I am starting to have the same issues with mine. I use straight talk and contacted them. They tried to help me fix the problem but it did not work. So since i have had the phone 4.5 months, they are sending me a new one free of charge. My son has the same phone and his works fine. You may just have a bad battery. Try replacing it or contact where you purchased your phone.

saketkoria

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Yes. It worked for me too. Jus lift the plate inside towards center with the help of a needle and things are working fine.

I believe the reason for this to happen is, we using multiple charging cables and everyone having some minor differences in size of port. Which spoils the default placing of port internals.

Regards
Saket koria

Meggan Evans

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
My phone had the same situation. My friend installed some fake iphone thing. I recently uninstalled it, but this morning i unplugged it from the charger and it said that it was still charging. I didnt think anything of it, being 13, a phone which doesnt run out of battery is ideal to be honest. But later on tonight it started vibrating. Like when you unplug the charger it'll vibrate or beep notifying you have unplugged it. Same when you plug it back in. My phone started doing this, constantly, i didnt know what to do. Im on my dads vodaphone contract and cannot get another replacement phone. I went into privacy setting and did a factory reset turned it off and left it charge. I unplugged it once fully charged and thought finally its fixed. Then noticed it still claimed it was charging. I looked this up and found this answer. Ive moved it a little bit it went back into the place. Then pressed the home button as i would if it was off and charging and the battery symbol didnt appear. Think ive fixed. But what if its burning out on the inside, is it safe to turn on now? how do i know if its burning out?

cheers so much, meggan x

Arthur_sd

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
my problem WAS exactly the same as the others...
but after I 'fixed' it, now when I put the cable of the charger in, (even if its not pluged)
the phone turns off, and does not react... black scrren.. nothing..
Have tu take out the battery, put it in again, and than it turns on.
And again when I put the cable in, it turns off again ...:(
If you have any idea, thnx

nick yates1

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
--- I had a similar problem with some phones and found it to be software in the phone I know its sounds weird but what all I tend to do is just turn off the phone for about 5 minutes with battery out which clears resident memory, turn it back on and put charger adapter in leave it for a few minutes then remove the adapter either at 100% but unplug charger from the wall first so that the transformer in charger discharges energy this will help preserve the life of your battery as well by the way and it should reset the flag pointer in the memory to the phone telling it the charger is disconnected and should not beep again.. its a bug in a lot of phones that's never have been corrected. A little tip do the same with your laptop charger unplug it from the wall and let it discharge first you'll be surprised how long your laptop battery lasts.

Nick
:)

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Thank You very much..

I was struggle with this issue for the past 2 days, I felt to give my phone to the Samsung service center.. I tried your Solution it's really worked me..
Thanks for the Simple solution as given for the public.. You save my money

Thanks a lot..

deadlystorm

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I keep having the same problem. My phone would keep making that noise everytime it wants to charge but it isnt on charge and nor is it plugged in. I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace by the way.
help...please...:confused:

James Bova

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Nick, unplugging the transformer from the wall prior to unplugging it from the device does not improve battery life. It doesn't set any "pointer flags". This is nonsense.

Mahboobeh Rajabi

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Ok. good needle advice
... when I lift the middle plate and turned it on it seems worked
because my phone did not even turn on as it keeps charged and uncharged but it turned on and I was like "hooray" but suddenly when I closed the back it starts again so this time I put the needle at the centre of the plate and lift it with moving left and right and NOW "Hooray" it worked:D