Phone says battery is charging when it's NOT plugged in.

Kirk White

May 30, 2014
Visit site
i had same problem.
tried everything
sent it back to samsung
they said it had water damage??????
?106 to repair
not been near water
customer service dont care- just pass u from pillar to post
basically call you liars
from what you see on google its more an issue with their phones.
all u can do is vote with your wallet
I wont buy anything samsung ever again

nskeen28

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy Trend (bought in Australia)

Same problem, Phone randomly beeped to say it was charging when nothing was plugged in, about 3 hours after i had last charged it.
I just thought it was a glitch and turned the phone off, then back on and it was back to normal until i went to charge it when the low battery warning came up. I plugged it in to the regular charger, nothing happened, i plugged it in to the usb computer charger, nothing happened. i tried an old Galaxy SII charger, again nothing happened, would not charge at all.

I have tried the paperclip tactic to bend the charger port, didn't work. i have cleaned it, still not working and it's down to 3% battery.
also, the phone is only 3 months old, never been dropped, wet, sat on or misused in any way.

What can i do? I really dont want to buy another new phone (already bought 3 this year due to faults) and i really can't afford the ridiculous amounts Samsung charge to repair a phone.

Help would be appreciated :)

Singer Ory Piya

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
my problem WAS exactly the same as the others...
but after I 'fixed' it, now when I put the cable of the charger in, (even if its not pluged)
the phone turns off, and does not react... black scrren.. nothing..
Have tu take out the battery, put it in again, and than it turns on.
And again when I put the cable in, it turns off again ...:(
If you have any idea, thnx

Shiv G

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
but after I 'fixed' it, now when I put the cable of the charger in, (even if its not pluged)

Roxy Glockenspeile

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
Thanks this worked for me, used a thin guitar pick to bend the middle part slightly. I should have known because of similar problems with other phones and PCs, thought it was something more complicated. :) Good quick fix!

Jenifer Fetzer

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
--- I had a similar problem with some phones and found it to be software in the phone I know its sounds weird but what all I tend to do is just turn off the phone for about 5 minutes with battery out which clears resident memory, turn it back on and put charger adapter in leave it for a few minutes then remove the adapter either at 100% but unplug charger from the wall first so that the transformer in charger discharges energy this will help preserve the life of your battery as well by the way and it should reset the flag pointer in the memory to the phone telling it the charger is disconnected and should not beep again.. its a bug in a lot of phones that's never have been corrected. A little tip do the same with your laptop charger unplug it from the wall and let it discharge first you'll be surprised how long your laptop battery lasts.

Nick
:)

AliefLuthfi

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
i have the same problem. The battery keeps charging even when it's not plugged in.
but I tried the needle stuff, and it didn't work.
I think that there is nothing wrong with my port, maybe?
when i charge it, it's charging, and and when i unplug it, it's still charging.
Please help me? or is it because I was stuck in the rain earlier with my phone inside my pocket?
does it have something to do with water thing?

Rajan Dey

May 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

lang1956

May 22, 2015
Visit site
Unplugging the transformer from the wall worked for me! Nick you are on to something here. I've had this issue and tried everything. Even had my phone replaced once. I do think it's a software issue, but letting the excess power drain back to the transform make perfect sense. Thanks!:):):):):):)

jgvCakes

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
Is there any other way to fix this problem? I've tried this and it still keeps going back and fourth with the charging thing. The only thing that's been working out for me is rubbing alcohol, but it doesn't last longer than an hour. :-\

Sarah Poulin

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
My Daughters Phone Pulled that same thing on us. we took the battery out while the phone was turned on and Plugged in, waited for it to shutoff and then put the battery back in, it hasn't done it since, IF that doesn't FIX IT i would suggest taking it back to where you got it for replacement if it was walmart they only have a 15 day return/replace policy on these phones so if its been longer than that i am affraid the only other thing you could do at that point is send it to Samsung for Repairs.

YES!!! This is what worked for me. I tried cleaning out the port, I tried bending the little thingy in the port back toward the middle more... and it didn't work. Tried this method of having the phone on, leaving it plugged in, pulling the battery and letting it shut off, then I unplugged it, and put the battery back in. Booted up the phone, and the charging symbol didn't show! Plugged it in, said charging. Unplugged it, stopped charging! Thanks!!!!!!!