saving audio files from text messages?

Carmen Perrin

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
does anyone know how to do this? Ive tried everything i can think of and I can't find the audio file saved anywhere on my phone, only in the original text message it was sent in.. Also, where are all of my files? I download things to the phone and then can't find them...not in the file folders. Thanx for input!

ARZDC

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Where would I find the file after I've saved the audio? When I long press and select save attachment, it doesn't give me any options as to WHERE to save it, just says it's saved and I don't know where to find it. Thanks

Majestyk

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Where would I find the file after I've saved the audio? When I long press and select save attachment, it doesn't give me any options as to WHERE to save it, just says it's saved and I don't know where to find it. Thanks

It's in the SDCard\Download folder. If your phone is not rooted, you should be able to find it easily enough using something like Astro File Manager. If it is rooted, it will be in a folder called something like 'mnt\ExtSdCard\Download'. Same location except the SDcard may not be the default folder on a rooted device. Folder name may vary depending on your version of Android.

-Maj

Michael Alan

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
No its not located in downloads I have a nexus 4 and long press and it says attachment saved. Plug phone into computer, it is no where to be found.

wraptor347

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
In case you're still having issues or someone else comes across this.

My nexus 4 sometimes puts audio downloaded from MMS in the "Ringtones" folder, so you should look in there.

No its not located in downloads I have a nexus 4 and long press and it says attachment saved. Plug phone into computer, it is no where to be found.

John Terrell

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Click and hold on some area other than the audio attachment itself. You will then get a message that allows you to save the attachment. On my phone, it saved the attachment to the ringtones folder.

John Terrell

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Click and hold on some area other than the audio attachment itself. You will then get a message that allows you to save the attachment. On my phone, it saved the attachment to the ringtones folder.

prepaidguy9081

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Base directory of the sd card is where your stuff will save if its not in downloads.

(If that dosent work, use es file explorer and search for it by file name, the file name will be in the txt)

Either internal or external.
Defaults to internal if it is available.

If all else fales, forward the message to your email address. Yes you can txt (mms) any email address, just type it in. And you can share that address to people and people can send you txt messages (mms) from their gmail.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

mccullough665

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
All files are located in your file manager app in your phone. It is located on one of your main pages of your touch screen phone. Then after you find your phone's file manager. Then go to audio files and you will locate it there

angie ferguson1

Jul 23, 2016
Visit site
does anyone know how to do this? Ive tried everything i can think of and I can't find the audio file saved anywhere on my phone, only in the original text message it was sent in.. Also, where are all of my files? I download things to the phone and then can't find them...not in the file folders. Thanx for input!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz