Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default saving audio files from text messages?

does anyone know how to do this? Ive tried everything i can think of and I can't find the audio file saved anywhere on my phone, only in the original text message it was sent in.. Also, where are all of my files? I download things to the phone and then can't find them...not in the file folders. Thanx for input!

Default Re: saving audio files from text messages?

Sdcard/downloads
    You must also save attachment as in the message

Sent from my SGH-T889
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I cant find my sdcard downloads and I dont know how to save attachments. i'm not finding that option anywhere on my phone

Long press the messege

Donload es file explorer

Sent from my SGH-T889

Where would I find the file after I've saved the audio? When I long press and select save attachment, it doesn't give me any options as to WHERE to save it, just says it's saved and I don't know where to find it. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ARZDC View Post
    Where would I find the file after I've saved the audio? When I long press and select save attachment, it doesn't give me any options as to WHERE to save it, just says it's saved and I don't know where to find it. Thanks
    It's in the SDCard\Download folder. If your phone is not rooted, you should be able to find it easily enough using something like Astro File Manager. If it is rooted, it will be in a folder called something like 'mnt\ExtSdCard\Download'. Same location except the SDcard may not be the default folder on a rooted device. Folder name may vary depending on your version of Android.

-Maj

No its not located in downloads I have a nexus 4 and long press and it says attachment saved. Plug phone into computer, it is no where to be found.

In case you're still having issues or someone else comes across this.

My nexus 4 sometimes puts audio downloaded from MMS in the "Ringtones" folder, so you should look in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Alan View Post
    No its not located in downloads I have a nexus 4 and long press and it says attachment saved. Plug phone into computer, it is no where to be found.

Click and hold on some area other than the audio attachment itself. You will then get a message that allows you to save the attachment. On my phone, it saved the attachment to the ringtones folder.

Click and hold on some area other than the audio attachment itself. You will then get a message that allows you to save the attachment. On my phone, it saved the attachment to the ringtones folder.

Base directory of the sd card is where your stuff will save if its not in downloads.

(If that dosent work, use es file explorer and search for it by file name, the file name will be in the txt)

Either internal or external.
    Defaults to internal if it is available.

If all else fales, forward the message to your email address. Yes you can txt (mms) any email address, just type it in. And you can share that address to people and people can send you txt messages (mms) from their gmail.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4