Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Voicemail notification with no new voicemail

My phone is displaying the icon for a new voicemail but there are no messages. I've tried restarting the phone, removing the battery, even had a friend purposely leave me a voicemail just to clear it and the icon will not go away and it's driving me crazy. How can I get this icon off my screen?

Default Re: Voicemail notification with no new voicemail

I just fixed this problem on my Virgin Mobile (Sprint) HTC EVO V 4G. I got the solution from another post but it is a temporary fix and after googling the problem, it seems this issue problem is across the board affects a variety of phone carriers and a variety of phone brands and models, also issue problem has been around for a very long time with no known solution. Possibly a bug in the program code - isolated to PHONE app and SYSTEM UPDATES IN UPDATE PROFILE (APPLICATION UPDATES).

First - the TEMPORARY[/FONT] FIX FOR REMOVING VOICEMAIL (VOICE MAIL) NOTIFICATION DATA AND ICON FROM STATUS BAR:
    1. GO to SYSTEM SETTINGS.
    2. SELECT APPS.
    3. SELECT ALL (APPS).
    4. GO to and SELECT PHONE.
    5. PRESS "CLEAR DATA" - the voicemail notification icon will disappear.

This is a TEMPORARY FIX and in isolating the causes - I came across two known causes:
    1. The voicemail (voice mail) notification icon will RE-APPEAR in status bar after resetting your phone to factory settings, and
    2. The voicemail (voice mail) notification icon will RE-APPEAR in status bar after SYSTEM UPDATES - UPDATE PROFILE.

APP INFO:
    Phone (version 3.5.2214292951.367891).

QUESTION(S):
    1. Who writes the program (app) code and is responsible for fixing this issue problem isolated to System updates - update profile - application updates for Android phones?

Default Re: Voicemail notification with no new voicemail

A simpler solution. Call and leave a voicemail

Then check it again

This works for me most times

Sent from my SGH-T889