App or to root?? HELP NEEDED!!

ManicMina

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I am very good with computers however, this is my first smart phone. So, with that in mind, I do not know very much about them or even the android system or linux since I use Windows (not by choice, but they are cheap....)
All I really want to do is be able to install apps directly to my sd because I hardly have anything on my phone but I go to install something and it says "insufficient space."
I tried looking for apps but all the ones I found only move them from the phone to the sd card, which doesn't help me since I can't even download the games/apps to my phone because of the space issue.
Because I am not familiar with the system, I am a little leary of 'rooting' it, because if I mess up, I do not have the money to buy a new phone and it doesn't have a sims card, so I can't just transfer it.

So, here is the spec information on the phone.
[Website For Info- Samsung Galaxy Precedent™ (Straight Talk) Android Smartphone | Samsung Mobile ]
Samsung Galaxy Precedent? (Straight Talk) Android Smartphone
Model Number: SCH-M828C
Android Version: Froyo.EH03
Service Provider: Straight Talk, runs on Sprint Towers (Which if I could change that too, that would be wonderful......)

Any and all information is welcomed! Thank you for your time :)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I am very good with computers however, this is my first smart phone. So, with that in mind, I do not know very much about them or even the android system or linux since I use Windows (not by choice, but they are cheap....)
All I really want to do is be able to install apps directly to my sd because I hardly have anything on my phone but I go to install something and it says "insufficient space."
I tried looking for apps but all the ones I found only move them from the phone to the sd card, which doesn't help me since I can't even download the games/apps to my phone because of the space issue.
Because I am not familiar with the system, I am a little leary of 'rooting' it, because if I mess up, I do not have the money to buy a new phone and it doesn't have a sims card, so I can't just transfer it.

So, here is the spec information on the phone.
[Website For Info- Samsung Galaxy Precedent?„? (Straight Talk) Android Smartphone | Samsung Mobile ]
Samsung Galaxy Precedent™ (Straight Talk) Android Smartphone
Model Number: SCH-M828C
Android Version: Froyo.EH03
Service Provider: Straight Talk, runs on Sprint Towers (Which if I could change that too, that would be wonderful......)

Any and all information is welcomed! Thank you for your time :)

Welcome to the forums. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your internal memory is just too small. Even if you could keep all the data on the Sd card, normally some cached data goes to the phone, and with 348 MB, I don't think that is even possible. I will admit that I may be wrong, but in this case, I don't think I am.

ManicMina

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
...Well, that is extremely depressing. Thank you for responding though :)
Is there any chance you know of a way to add memory to the internal system? or a way to make it use the sd card as if it were internal memory?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
...Well, that is extremely depressing. Thank you for responding though :)
Is there any chance you know of a way to add memory to the internal system? or a way to make it use the sd card as if it were internal memory?

I have heard of a procedure that enables you to do it. You need to be rooted, and the procedure can be risky, i.e. a bricked device.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

ManicMina

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
hm....well thank you for the information, I do appreciate it greatly. I have been thinking though and since I got a 2 year warranty, I'm just going to send it back and get another phone.

prepaidguy9081

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
You can get a large memory card.
And head over to www.androidarea51.com and use either the cm7.1 there [I have a great how to guide from start to finish for noobs] or arearom, and both have app2sd built in. With a partitioned sd card you can increase internal space to 2gb [well it actualy dosent increase it, it just replaces it with the sd card partition.]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk HD

ManicMina

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
That would be wonderful! I already have a 8GB sd card in it.
Could you send me a link to the posts you are talking about?

Last edited: