How is the battery life on the skyrocket?

Lavitapostandroid

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
For those of you that bought the skyrocket, Could you give a review of the battery life of the skyrocket vs hspa+ version? I am curious. How is the battery life of it? Is the battery life superior to Verizon LTE? I am holding onto my Galaxy S II, but curious minds need to know.

timberga

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Of course he means once you actually fully charge the device, do a drain recharge cycle....otherwise your information isn't too useful.

shansmi

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I have had one since Friday. Given the amount of data you can pull, battery life per MB is better. This device has an 1850mA battery as well.

Lavitapostandroid

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering how long it lasts during a days use with lte turned on. Do you get 14 hours on a charge, normal usage of course?

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S II

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
This is where the iPhone will have an advantage. No they won't be able to keep the same level if battery with LTE, but damn do their devices charge FAST. With my SG2 it better get me through a day cause it charges like a turtle moves. LTE is gonna drain the battery quick regardless, quick charge will make it less painful.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Lavitapostandroid

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
O I agree. I have no interest in the 4s. I am just curious how juice hungry the lte chipset is with the skyrocket. I saw a link about the vivid and it went from 70 to 15 percent in 6.5 hours. I consistently get about 16.5 hours out of my galaxy S II :)

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
...and I'm not saying that to put the phone down or build up the iPhone, I just wish these (the Samsung phones) charged more rapidly.

jayrod88

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Im also looking forward to seeing this thread be updated with battery info. I have the ATT GS2 and I live in an LTE area but battery life is important to me (as long as I can get through a day). I charge it nightly so I'm not too hopeful.

Also, does anyone know if this phone has a notification LED (like the Sprint GS2)?

shansmi

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I bought mine today for personal use. It had about an 80% charge. To get the device setup, it takes me about 400MB per Traffic Monitor to get all the apps installed, updated and tested. Also Google Contact and Calendar Sync. I run FB, 4SQ and Twitter all the time with background updates set to the max time or never (whatever the app allows). This also included a few SpeedTest runs... I was in the 50's by this time. I charged the phone while I took a shower and then we left for dinner. After 4 phones calls totalling about 20 minutes, a few messages, emails, setting up about 5 bookmarks and google searches, about 5 speed tests and say 30 minutes of bubble burst I was down to 40% from 70%. The last SpeedTest with 5 bars was 38/11!!! I am happy with both.

The one I have for Corporate use is doing about the same. I will know more about talk time next week as I pound that device on marathon conference calls.

jflexe99

Droids!
Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Give it a good week to see full results. The battery in my GS2 wasn't that great the first week, but then it was just amazingly good. Whole day light use was still about 75%. I am hoping this holds the same juice.

Lavitapostandroid

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I agree we do need to let the batteries season a little bit. I just saw the vivid's battery and thought ugh... I hope the skyrocket is better.

vamp07

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I upgraded from the infuse and the battery life on the skyrocket is leaps ahead of the infuse. It also charges much faster which makes a big difference in perceived battery life. A++

Steve

artofdesign

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
It does charge much faster the the Infuse.

As far as how long it lasts, not an issue anymore for me. I hated being handcuffed on the iphone with no removable battery. Since I switched to android I purchase mobile batteries for my phones. Charge them all up in the evening or overnight and I'm good to go for the next day. As lame as it sounds its 1 of the things I love most about switching to android. On average I use 3 fully charged batteries a day. Lots of work and personal usage. I really dislike being attached to a charger.

My 2 spare batteries arrived from samsung last night so I'm good to go now on the SR.

Reactions: qbnkelt and djrbx

AndreaDG

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Got new Skyrocket 3 days ago; my first Android phone. With power savings mode on @ 70% battery, screen off & basically only ActiveSync/email (w/ conservative settings) running over WiFi, overnight phone battery ran out from 100% to completely drained in just under 6 hours. Saw similar battery drain while @ work yesterday while on 4G LTE network (only get 4G at home when not on WiFi); supposedly fully charged phone when left for work was dead by lunch. Very sad; not sure whether to return/swap phone, download power meter/savings app, or what.

vamp07

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
There is something wrong in your case. I an seeing much better battery life. Even my infuse is better then that. My first thought is LTE but does not sound like the problem if you are on WIFI.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Dranakin

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Got new Skyrocket 3 days ago; my first Android phone. With power savings mode on @ 70% battery, screen off & basically only ActiveSync/email (w/ conservative settings) running over WiFi, overnight phone battery ran out from 100% to completely drained in just under 6 hours. Saw similar battery drain while @ work yesterday while on 4G LTE network (only get 4G at home when not on WiFi); supposedly fully charged phone when left for work was dead by lunch. Very sad; not sure whether to return/swap phone, download power meter/savings app, or what.

You just need to 'break in' your battery first. Give it a week or two to reach optimal capacity levels.

hellrod87

Feb 17, 2011
disrupt.fm
Now that this phone has been out for a few weeks now, what is everyone seeing as far as battery life? I live in an LTE area and am considering this phone when my upgrade comes up soon.

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
hellrod87--I dig your avatar...Go Cards! :cool:

I posted this in Google+ today on battery life:
I did a test the last couple of days on battery life. After 24 hours both days, I got down to around 15-16% after regular usage, going in and out of wi-fi, downloading and using streaming. I activated the phone's Power Saving mode prior to testing it (I configured it to kick in when I'm down to 30%), and it didn't revert to it until I was around 20 hours in. It took 4 hours to lose another 15%. During that last 4 hours, I was running streaming (Netflix on Day 1, Google Music on Day 2 while driving) for half that time, so it probably could've trickled even better.

It's all relative, but regular usage for me monthly is around 1 gig/month. Keep in mind I'm not in an LTE market (yet), but I'd say it's pretty impressive. :) I will also add that today, while in mostly 4G (HSPA+) mode, after 14+ hours, I'm at 63%. It's definitely a huge improvement from my good 'ol Nexus One.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol