OtterBox Blue/Black Commuter Case

CZ Eddie

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know what this phone case looks like? Or specifically, how much of it is "blue" colored? I'm not crazy about blue.

My local store doesn't have it and I can't find any pictures of it online. The ATT page just has a generic black case picture. But it's described as "Blue/Black". I don't want to order if it is mostly blue colored.

And before you suggest it, I already have the Otterbox Impact. But I hate it - it's too slippery in my hands.

OtterBox Blue/Black Commuter Case - Samsung Galaxy S (TM) II Skyrocket (TM) - Cell Phone Accessories - from AT&T

MAGiK9

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
The impact is slippery at first, but once it absorbs the grease from your hands it doesn't feel slick at all.

terefel

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Mine should be at my house on Thursday; if noone responds by then I will put up some pictures for you.

Unfortunately, I didnt even realize it was blue... went off the picture online just like you said - we'll see

Last edited:

CZ Eddie

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Mine should be at my house on Thursday; if noone responds by then I will put up some pictures for you.

Unfortunately, I didnt even realize it was blue... went off the picture online just like you said - we'll see

Please do, thanks. Hope you like it, whichever color scheme it may be.

terefel

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
As a side note, I just called otterbox and the guy had never even heard of the skyrocket. Its not on their website and he had no idea what I was talking about. It's a mystery for everyone!

CZ Eddie

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site

Hi terefel, did you receive your case on schedule?

Lol, all jokes aside.. Your skin has natural oils. All rubber cases start out slick and then they absorb the oils from your hands.

I bought mine the day the phone was released. It's still slippery.

terefel

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
From the other case thread:

Yeah AT&T hasn't even shipped my commuter case yet. Good grief. Glad I didn't pay for overnight shipping, if its going to take them 3 days to even get it out the door.

EDIT: AAANNNNDDDD, it's out of stock. Awesome

No idea if/when I'll get it. What a fouled up release plan...

terefel

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I called AT&T the other day, theyre on a backorder of about 100 units. No clue on when they might come back in. Seems odd they aren't even listed on otterbox's site.

LordGeek

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I purchase my Otterbox Commuter (blue/black) from a AT&T Store .. although they don't physically have it in stock, the guy ordered it through there system and also MATCHED Otterbox price for the case .. so, I did not pay $40 for it .. $34 and free shipping, received it 2 days later via FedEx.

So far, I am very well impressed with the Commuter .. every phone I've had, and every phone I still have (in the family) all have Commuter Cases .. well, except 1 phone .. my Samsung Google Nexus S which they don't make one for :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12