How is the new Visual Voicemail working for you

netarc

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm keenly interested to hear from early adopters how you are finding the new VVM on the skyrocket, especially re: reliability (i.e., all voicemails downloading to the phone) and speed (i.e., any significant delay between the time the VM is left and when it arrives at the phone).

Having used the craptacular ATT Messages on the SGS2, I'm considering movign to the sky in the hopes that it's vmail is much more reliable (read: iphone-like ;)

amlopez29

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm keenly interested to hear from early adopters how you are finding the new VVM on the skyrocket, especially re: reliability (i.e., all voicemails downloading to the phone) and speed (i.e., any significant delay between the time the VM is left and when it arrives at the phone).

Having used the craptacular ATT Messages on the SGS2, I'm considering movign to the sky in the hopes that it's vmail is much more reliable (read: iphone-like ;)

If you used AT&T Messages you may run into problems setting up your visual voicemail on the skyrocket. I bought it on tuesday and it still isn't set up properly. The tech support is rather confused as to what's going on...

amlopez29

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
hmmm...i wonder if I should discontinue or kill the AT&T Messages account, then - anyone know how to do so?

I've been trying to figure out how to cancel it, as it seems to be what's causing my troubles with the Skyrocket VM.
Tech support hasn't been too helpful in that regard either.
Heck, the first girl I spoke to didn't even know that it had visual voicemail,

zzrudyzz

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
i had some issue setting up VVM. Had ti call into tech support and they were pretty clueless. They ended up calling Samsung and their suggestion was to reset my phone. Lame answer so i just ended up messing with it for a while and figured it out now works great.

netarc

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Following up on this...I replaced my gs2 with the skyrocket version yesterday. prior to doing so I called 611 & asked them to disable the backend functionality for Att Messages; luckily I got someone who knew exactly what I meant & he took care of it within 15 minutes.

started using visual voicemail on the sky this morning, so far so good - spears to be a much more iPhone-like implementation!

amlopez29

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Following up on this...I replaced my gs2 with the skyrocket version yesterday. prior to doing so I called 611 & asked them to disable the backend functionality for Att Messages; luckily I got someone who knew exactly what I meant & he took care of it within 15 minutes.

started using visual voicemail on the sky this morning, so far so good - spears to be a much more iPhone-like implementation!

That's good to hear, it took them 3 days to fix it for me and they went a really roundabout way of doing it too.
Fortunately, they credited me for next month's bill for the trouble. I am enjoying the visual voicemail, it's a good feature overall. Could be improved though.

jedah

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
When I exchanged my S2 for the SR, the guy at Best Buy swapped my SIM into the SR. Data did not work, and I told him I think it needs an LTE sim. He called ATT, and the person told him to disable visual voicemail. Now data works w/ my old S2 sim, but visual voicemail doesn't.

Maybe we need to get an LTE sim from ATT for both data and visual voicemail to work?

netarc

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
When I exchanged my S2 for the SR, the guy at Best Buy swapped my SIM into the SR. Data did not work, and I told him I think it needs an LTE sim. He called ATT, and the person told him to disable visual voicemail. Now data works w/ my old S2 sim, but visual voicemail doesn't.

Maybe we need to get an LTE sim from ATT for both data and visual voicemail to work?

The rep at the ATT store told me that the skyrocket requires a new SIM, I couldn't migrate my S2 sim over to that phone.

Creek

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site

When I got my SR the rep, before I had a chance to ask, I said I needed an LTE sim and he put it in the phone.

raycpe

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Is there a trick to getting the VVM setup. I am having a really hard time. I go to the app, it asks me to call in to voicemail and enter my password, and it just keeps telling me that it can't verify that I have the service. I have called support, and everyone seems surprised that the phone even has the capabilities. Is anyone having this issue or did anyone have this issue and resolve it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21