Disabling "AT&T Messages" before Skyrocket?

netarc

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I've been trying the "AT&T Messages" app on my Galaxy S2 for the last three weeks, and it's not up to snuff. VMs are left up on the server, or if they're downloaded they come down to the phone hours after they're recorded - complete dealbreaker.

Unfortunately, getting rid of it isn't as simple as uninstalling the app - apparently when you enable ATT Messages, it changes the backend voicemail as well. The ATT techs I've talked to so far are clueless, so I'm hoping someone here may have done this or have the info - what needs to be done at the host to switch from AT&T Messages back to standard voicemail?

I plan to replace my S2 with the skyrocket, as I hear its builtin vmail tool is more seamless, akin to that on the iPhone, so I want to ensure my account's vmail is back to stock b4 switching phones. But I've heard a comment that if ATT Messages is enabled on the backend, it can cause problems w/the skyrocket's voicemail?

Does anyone know what's involved in killling ATT Messages and going back to standard voicemail, then? I'd like to do so b4 adopting the Sky to avoid any complications.

amlopez29

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Haha so like I told you in your other thread there was no way of cancelling that I knew of and it was frustrating me,
but somehow, miraculously, this morning it randomly asked me to set up the visual voicemail, also because AT&T messages gets your SMS messages as well I noticed that I wasn't getting a lot of them when I switched.
Hopefully now that it's gone, somehow not sure how, it'll will fix itself.

still...it took 2 days for that to happen.

Update: They called me a while ago and they told me that they had to like reset my whole data service.
He said that He had to remove my data plan, put a new one on, and then take that one off in order to put unlimited data back on.
Idk, but he did credit me for my next month's bill.

Last edited:

amlopez29

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Can't you install Google Voice and have it take over?

Yeah, but if you want to use the Skyrocket's visual voicemail the service itself must be cancelled, because it still has hold of your official AT&T voicemail even if you uninstall and use another program because those use their servers, not AT&T's like the visual voicemail does on the skyrocket.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12