Help! using sd card for music, ringtones

Nchaka

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I have the Skyrocket which is my first android phone. (I have a Xoom) I tried to hook up my phone to the computer to put music, ringtones on my SD card. The computer says it needs a driver to do this. Is there any place to find the drivers? I read that I can set my phone as a mass storage device and work from that. But how do I do that?
Also I put the sd card in my computer and followed the directions in the ringtone forum ( created file media/audio/ringtone) and my phone still won't find them. Same with music files. The apps have used the sd card as backup, so I know the card works.
Any Ideas?
Sorry if this is in wrong forum, wasn't sure which one to put it in.
Thanks

jslanger

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Had a similar problem. Googling the device driver it was asking for gives you an answer pretty quickly... Installing the PC version of the Kies air software installs the driver. From what I understand you could then uninstall the Kies software (but it would leave the driver).

Hmm...For some reason I can't seem to find a link to the download online currently...but if you google "CDC serial" (the name of the driver it needs) it should come up.
Kies Software

Last edited:

kaede177

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I think once you have drivers its pretty simple, it will show two drives, your internal and external sd

word of advice, set your camera to store in external sd. I reset my last phone, galaxy 1, and lost a years worth of pics and videos because I thought it was already saving to external lol.

Nchaka

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the help. I downloaded the kies software and it worked. I have to figure out their podcast channel, it only has 2 options UK or Korea.
I also have ringdroid and made a mp3 ringtone for my phone. I forgot that the ringtones I had on my computer we're bought on iTunes and Ned to be converted to mp3, so I will be doing that this weekend.

Nchaka

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Also another tip to save pics is to use an App called dropsnap. It will automatically upload li s to your Dropbox account as you take them

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
You dont really need to download drivers. To use as mass storage, just connect with usb cable. Pull down the phone notifications panel and select the "USB connected". Then click on the "connect USB storage" button. Then "ok" button.
There should be 2 new drives listed- one is phone and other is SD card.

I set pics to save to sd card from the camera app on phone, then added a MUSIC subfolder under the DCIM folder.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non