Galaxy S2: How do I delete blank pages?

methree

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I have 2 pages with no icons. I wold like to remove them until I need them. On my iphone, the page deletes itself if nothing is on it. Can the black pages be removed on the Skyrocket? If so, how?

Last edited by a moderator:

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: How do I delete blank pages?

On the home screen pitch in to lay them all out and then drag the blank ones to the trash.

methree

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site

On the home screen pitch in to lay them all out and then drag the blank ones to the trash.

Awesome. Thanks. There's so much to learn coming from a very simplistic iphone 3G. Don't laugh, but I still haven't gotten a grasp on the whole widget thing.

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Awesome. Thanks. There's so much to learn coming from a very simplistic iphone 3G. Don't laugh, but I still haven't gotten a grasp on the whole widget thing.

Ask anything, that's what the boards are for. It will take some adjustment, but you'll love having the control to set up your phone how YOU want to, not how someone else wants.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII LTE

terefel

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site

I just came over from the 3gs. It takes some time to get used to the differences. I found most stuff on android to be pretty intuitive; the only thing that trips me up from time to time is doing settings changes for various programs :)

LG Optimus L7

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site

one more thing how do you turn of the shutter sound on the camera! so annoying, tried putting it on silent doesnt work

1337Wolfb0i

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site

Tap down 2 fingers (Thumbs Work)
Then hold down the page that you want to delete then drag it to the trash Can.

jganrd

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site

This might sound stupid, but that doesn't do anything. I've tried every possible combination and tapping it with two fingers does nothing for me. What am I doing wrong? I want to get rid of these useless pages

Marissa Carver

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site

I just figured out how to on my Galaxy S3.... I hit the left bottom button and it gave me a drop down menu... then there is edit page... hit that and you should see all your pages then drag the ones you want into the trash can.

swent1

May 19, 2013
Visit site

Coming from an ex-iphone user, take your thumb and forefinger, place them on the screen apart from each other, and quickly slide them together (all whilst on the home screen or one of the pages) which makes a "pinching" motion.

Zorrion

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site

This is about the camera sound option from earlier, i cannot seem to find it, could some1 be more exact with where to turn the shutter sound off? thank you =)

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

This is about the camera sound option from earlier, i cannot seem to find it, could some1 be more exact with where to turn the shutter sound off? thank you =)

I'm not sure that you can, at least not with recent updates. I believe the feature was disabled for security reasons. When a picture is being taken someone will know so it's not secretly taken without knowledge. Privacy concerns. However, It can be done with rooted devices.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

rblevow

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: How do I turn off shutter sound (was: delete blank pages)

Zorrion: On the 4S, select the camera app. Then open the menu and select settings. Click on the "gear" at the top right. Scroll down to Shutter sound, the next-to-last entry, select and set off.

Marissa: Thanks for delete page. That's what I was looking for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool