Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S2: How do I delete blank pages?

I have 2 pages with no icons. I wold like to remove them until I need them. On my iphone, the page deletes itself if nothing is on it. Can the black pages be removed on the Skyrocket? If so, how?
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-09-2014 at 11:25 PM.

Default Re: How do I delete blank pages?

On the home screen pitch in to lay them all out and then drag the blank ones to the trash.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by SteveISU View Post
    On the home screen pitch in to lay them all out and then drag the blank ones to the trash.
    Awesome. Thanks. There's so much to learn coming from a very simplistic iphone 3G. Don't laugh, but I still haven't gotten a grasp on the whole widget thing.

Quote Originally Posted by methree View Post
    Awesome. Thanks. There's so much to learn coming from a very simplistic iphone 3G. Don't laugh, but I still haven't gotten a grasp on the whole widget thing.
    Ask anything, that's what the boards are for. It will take some adjustment, but you'll love having the control to set up your phone how YOU want to, not how someone else wants.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII LTE

Quote Originally Posted by methree View Post
    I just came over from the 3gs. It takes some time to get used to the differences. I found most stuff on android to be pretty intuitive; the only thing that trips me up from time to time is doing settings changes for various programs

won't let me do it; can't move anything; don't see trash can
    Motorola Razr Maxx HD

Tap/hold down with two fingers
    Thumbs work

how do you delete blank pages? it doesnt let me drag it to the trash??

thank you!!

one more thing how do you turn of the shutter sound on the camera! so annoying, tried putting it on silent doesnt work

Quote Originally Posted by SteveISU View Post
    thank yo so much that just made my day.

Quote Originally Posted by LG Optimus L7 View Post
    one more thing how do you turn of the shutter sound on the camera! so annoying, tried putting it on silent doesnt work
    In the camera settings select 'off' for shutter sound.

Cool Re: How do I delete blank pages?

Tap down 2 fingers (Thumbs Work)
    Then hold down the page that you want to delete then drag it to the trash Can.

This might sound stupid, but that doesn't do anything. I've tried every possible combination and tapping it with two fingers does nothing for me. What am I doing wrong? I want to get rid of these useless pages

I just figured out how to on my Galaxy S3.... I hit the left bottom button and it gave me a drop down menu... then there is edit page... hit that and you should see all your pages then drag the ones you want into the trash can.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts

Coming from an ex-iphone user, take your thumb and forefinger, place them on the screen apart from each other, and quickly slide them together (all whilst on the home screen or one of the pages) which makes a "pinching" motion.

This is about the camera sound option from earlier, i cannot seem to find it, could some1 be more exact with where to turn the shutter sound off? thank you =)

Global Posts
    8,432 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by Zorrion View Post
    This is about the camera sound option from earlier, i cannot seem to find it, could some1 be more exact with where to turn the shutter sound off? thank you =)
    I'm not sure that you can, at least not with recent updates. I believe the feature was disabled for security reasons. When a picture is being taken someone will know so it's not secretly taken without knowledge. Privacy concerns. However, It can be done with rooted devices.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: How do I turn off shutter sound (was: delete blank pages)

Zorrion: On the 4S, select the camera app. Then open the menu and select settings. Click on the "gear" at the top right. Scroll down to Shutter sound, the next-to-last entry, select and set off.

Marissa: Thanks for delete page. That's what I was looking for.

this worked for me! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Marissa Carver View Post
    I just figured out how to on my Galaxy S3.... I hit the left bottom button and it gave me a drop down menu... then there is edit page... hit that and you should see all your pages then drag the ones you want into the trash can.
    Thanks for that it worked perfectly. I could do easily on my Experia Z but not on my S3 until now.

I am new to the Samsung galaxy S4 previously coming from the iPhone 4. I havnt seemed to find many more customizable options different from the iPhone, other than widgets. Please just point me in the right direction? And how do you screen shot? I real online that there is a new option on the Ice Cream Sandwich version but I went to the location it said and the option does not exist...

Thanks!

"Pitch in" is what you do when the chips are down.

"PINCH In" is the Zoom Out method. Place 2 fingers on the screen 1 inch apart. Then move them together in a pincer movement like in the battle of Marathon.

Trying to delete empty pages on galaxy note-
    done the pinch to show all pages but it won't go into trash-site

Says home page has changed default???
    Any help appreciated-

i pinched the screen and as I tried to move them to the trash can, they wouldn't quite make it.

thanks, mark
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast