Skyrocket Bluetooth Problems! HELP!

milkyway2011

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Two ways: (1) Take the battery out or (2) hold the on/off button for 2 to 3 seconds and then you will see the option on your screen to turn off the phone.

Good luck.

dwboston

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Does it help to set Bluetooth to be "Always Discoverable". I know Acura recommends this for HTC and Samsung phones with its HandsFreeLink system. I had issues with an HTC phone not auto-connecting to my RL, and setting Bluetooth to be always discoverable fixed it. I haven't paired my wife's SR with my car but I'll test it out this weekend and see if it makes a difference.

Nchaka

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I contacted Samsung about my Bluetooth problems and they told me to try a hard reset.
My problems are that the Bluetooth would connect to my car sometimes and some days I had to restart my phone to get it to work.
I saw a reply about leaving the phone in discovery mode, is there a security issue with this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I contacted Samsung about my Bluetooth problems and they told me to try a hard reset.
My problems are that the Bluetooth would connect to my car sometimes and some days I had to restart my phone to get it to work.
I saw a reply about leaving the phone in discovery mode, is there a security issue with this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

I have given up trying to use the SR with my car BT. It works ok with my Jawbone but I miss using my car BT. I have tried several workarounds but none are really solutions. Hopefully they will get this fixed with future updates.

jedah

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to bring up an old topic, but has anyone come up with a solution to this recently? I've been having similar problems recently. When I turn bluetooth on sometimes, it just hangs and doesn't turn on. I have to restart the phone. This has been happening more and more recently.

If it's related to the 2.3.6 update, is there a way to roll back to 2.3.5? Or is a hard reset the only way?

Nchaka

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Does this bluetooth problem effect the GS2 also? I've heard the Galaxy Note doesn't have the problem. So if the GS2 doesn't have this problem, could the Different chipset or LTE be interfering with the blutooth radio?
I still haven't done a hard reset, don't want to set up my phone again. But since Samsung conveniently put the power button in the wrong spot(should be on top) I frequently turn off my phone by accident a few times a week. And this clears the problem temporarily.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Does this bluetooth problem effect the GS2 also? I've heard the Galaxy Note doesn't have the problem. So if the GS2 doesn't have this problem, could the Different chipset or LTE be interfering with the blutooth radio?
I still haven't done a hard reset, don't want to set up my phone again. But since Samsung conveniently put the power button in the wrong spot(should be on top) I frequently turn off my phone by accident a few times a week. And this clears the problem temporarily.

I had the SGSII for three weeks before getting the skyrocket and it has been a while but I recall it working fine with my car BT, as my captivate did. I can confirm that the GNote works like a champ with my car BT. It is only the Skyrocket that is hopeless...maybe it does have something to do with the LTE. I wonder if the vivid and nitro HD have this bluetooth issue?

Shelby317

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I use my skyrocket with three different BT devices with no problem connecting manually, but nothing connects automatically like my old Blackberry 9700 did.

rettigdpm

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I have SGSIISkyrocket and Acura TL 2004. Paired up fine for 4 weeks. Then it stopped working. Tried re-pairing. Tried deleting link from phone and re-pairing. Tried rebooting phone. Phone lost Bluetooth for a while. Then it lost sight of HFL for a while. Then car says pairing cannot be initiated from the phone (I wasn't). Then phone says "pairing rejected by HFL". One time phone got to point it was asking for password, which I entered. Then everything got lost again. It started off working so well and easy. Now it is useless. I don't know who to go to.

chippy19977

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm having very similar issues with mine. I have a Ford Fusion with SYNC. The Bluetooth is very hit and miss with the Skyrocket and eventually it wont turn on at all until I power cycle the phone. It's really frustrating!

jedah

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
The Bluetooth is very hit and miss with the Skyrocket and eventually it wont turn on at all until I power cycle the phone. It's really frustrating!

Same problem here. Some times are worse than others. Hasn't happened for awhile. But, a few weeks ago, it happened just about everyday.

DHeimer

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I am having problems with the Skyrocket Bluetooth also. Won't work with the Honda Hands Free Link. Won't work very well with my Blue Ant. Both worked really well with my Blackberry torch. Kind of pathetic when you think about it. Actually, it's absurd. This is supposed to be a top-of-the-line Samsung and it won't do some of the simplest things -- like manage two blue tooth devices easily.

dvkim

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. Bluetooth turns off on it's own, and when you try to toggle it back on its is slow. I had 3 headsets paired, I deleted them all, and will re-pair them and see what happens. I did not have this problems for the first two months with the phone(with 3 headsets paired). It's has started in the last 2 weeks.

Last edited:

chippy19977

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Update... I've found that leaving Bluetooth on rather than turning it off and on in an attempt to save battery has helped with my connection issues. I actually haven't seen any battery drain either. So far so good. I guess time will tell.

tclytle

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
From Acura HandsFreeLink:

Special instructions for pairing Samsung Phones (not all may be applicable to every phone)

SAMSUNG
Bluetooth Power
Ensure Bluetooth is turned ON permanently.
Discoverable/Visible
1. Go to Menu
2. Select Settings and/or Tools
3. Select Bluetooth
4. Select Settings/Visibility
5. Set Discovery Mode/Visibility to ON

Authorize Connection
1. Go to Menu
3. Select Bluetooth
4. Select HFL
5. Set Options to Authorize Device

Auto Answer
1. Go to Menu
3. Select Call Settings
4. Select Auto Answer or Answer Options
5. Set Auto Answer to OFF

Answer Options
1. Go to Menu
3. Select Call Settings (on some models, select Others, then Call Setup or Phone Settings, then Extra Settings)
4. Under Answer Options/Call Answer, select Flip/Slide, AnyKey, Send, or Auto Answer (if available).
Auto Answer is the preferred setting but any of these will work.

Setting discoverable to ON permanently makes a huge difference with a lot of phones, in my experience with the Acura HFL system.

ATTN: dwboston ********************************************

Thank you so much. Samsung support was absolutely worthless. Said my Plantronics and Toyota were incompatible. What the heck do they test with - anything!?!

Permanently visable, working great within 20 minutes.

Thank you a TON!

MissMystikle

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Well I can say I'm having problems with my phone and bluetooth as well. Sometimes the bluetooth won't even turn on (dont' know why) and I have to power cycle the phone a few times before bluetooth will even turn back on. Then, it will refuse to connect with my Jabra SP700 bluetooth speakerphone. Even now that I have bluetooth on and finally got it to re-pair with the Jabra, I will probably have to do the whole thing all over again in about a week even if I don't turn the bluetooth off :(

From what I've read here, it sounds like its just a samsung issue. Maybe they'll fix it when we get ICS (of course who knows how long that's going to take)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21