Camera Failed

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
This is the second time this has happened.

I open the camera and it's like there is a lenses cover on (menu options are there but there is no image from the camera). After 3-5 seconds "camera failed"pops up and the camera closes. The only remedy is to restart the phone (I've tried to force stop the camera but no dice).

Anyone else seen this and or know how to fix it?

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
This seems to have been an issue with GoSMS when I tried to use it to capture a picture. It hasn't failed since I haven't choosen the use the camera from within Go.

neohemp

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Man I had this happen and for the life of me I can't remember how I fixed it. If I remember I will definitely come back, but I just ordered the Skyrocket (happened on my Infuse) so I hope it doesn't happen again because I remember it took a lot of troubleshooting lol

I remember now

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...acks/59818-howto-fix-camera-failed-error.html

I also remember I had to mess around with it for a while with a few settings in that.

Good luck!

Anuj Vohra

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I got it fixed by following these steps:

1. Connect your device to your laptop using data cable
2. Go to folder: Computer\SAMSUNG-SGH-I747\Phone\Applidium Image Cache
3. Delete everything in this folder
4. Go to folder: Computer\SAMSUNG-SGH-I747\Phone\Android\data\com.sec.android.gallery3d\cache
5. Delete everything in this folder
6. Restart your phone
7. Camera works :)

dk786

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
I have samsumg galaxy s2 skyrocket mob phone seens last 1 mounth.and I I shown in my phone camare failed error.pls good solution for this error.