Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Camera Failed

This is the second time this has happened.

I open the camera and it's like there is a lenses cover on (menu options are there but there is no image from the camera). After 3-5 seconds "camera failed"pops up and the camera closes. The only remedy is to restart the phone (I've tried to force stop the camera but no dice).

Anyone else seen this and or know how to fix it?

Default Re: Camera Failed

Take the phone back and get a replacement.

Sounds like a Samsung issue. I had an infuse that did the same thing. I returned it.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

This seems to have been an issue with GoSMS when I tried to use it to capture a picture. It hasn't failed since I haven't choosen the use the camera from within Go.

Man I had this happen and for the life of me I can't remember how I fixed it. If I remember I will definitely come back, but I just ordered the Skyrocket (happened on my Infuse) so I hope it doesn't happen again because I remember it took a lot of troubleshooting lol

I remember now

[HOWTO] Fix Camera Failed Error

I also remember I had to mess around with it for a while with a few settings in that.

Good luck!

I got it fixed by following these steps:

1. Connect your device to your laptop using data cable
    2. Go to folder: Computer\SAMSUNG-SGH-I747\Phone\Applidium Image Cache
    3. Delete everything in this folder
    4. Go to folder: Computer\SAMSUNG-SGH-I747\Phone\Android\data\com.sec.android.gallery3d\cache
    5. Delete everything in this folder
    6. Restart your phone
    7. Camera works

I have samsumg galaxy s2 skyrocket mob phone seens last 1 mounth.and I I shown in my phone camare failed error.pls good solution for this error.