1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default *No Camcorder zoom, only photo zoom!!

How do you zoom in rear facing camcorder mode?? The Samsung nexus on sprint with 4.5" screen and t-mobile's 4.5" Samsung can pinch and zoom while in rear facing camcorder mode.. When trying to zoom in rear facing camcorder mode on the skyrocket a message pops up saying not available.. The only zooming allowed is in rear camera photo mode.. However, all other 4.5" counterparts on other networks let you zoom in rear facing camcorder mode. If someone finds a way or an app that will allow this please let me know!

Default Re: *No Camcorder zoom, only photo zoom!!

You can't digital zoom in 1080p mode, but you can in all the other resolutions. I thought that was the same with the other phones.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Unfortunately, on this phone, it appears you can't choose another rear facing camcorder resolution.. It's locked at 1080p.. Unless I'm missing something??
    Last edited by Johnny D; 11-16-2011 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny D View Post
    Unfortunately, on this phone, you can't choose another resolution.. It appears to be locked at 1080p.. Unless I'm missing something here??
    while in video mode click the settings icon...check resolution
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Ok... It's locked at 1080p and can't be changed for rear facing camcorder recording.

Ok... It's locked at 1080p and can't be changed for rear facing camcorder recording.
    Not true. Check your settings.

Not true. Check your settings, you can select lower resolution and then zoom in video mode.

I use the 1280x720 option because it's not as zoomed in on the default setting, much better for viewing on my phone

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I hated using my phone to record because it was always soooo zoomed in on 1080p mode. You guys seriously just helped me out so much