Who Had Both Galaxy S2?

Which one you feel represents how you feel on the Galaxy S2

• Total voters

jflexe99

Droids!
Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Just a quick poll on people who used BOTH Galaxy S2 and Galaxy S2 Skyrocket and how you feel.

I personally feel both are excellent. LTE will benefit LTE areas greatly,which I am not in which stinks.

Both screens are excellent(I believe the Skyrocket screen is more pure than OGS2, just put both of them side by side).

Both are very fast, the Skyrocket is ever so slightly slower than OGS2.

I think both are easily two of the best smart phones available currently in the USA.

bwil18

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I have had both. If you live in a LTE city, then the skyrocket is a no brainer. If not stick with the original OGS2. I cant really tell too much of a diference between the 2.

Dranakin

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I haven't noticed any lag moving from the SGS2 to the SR. Even though it had the same internals as the T-Mobile, the SR seems to perform much better.

anon(552018)

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I put I cant decide, but I'm glad people are staying true to the Skyrocket!
By the naked eye i'm not sure what the performance difference is. I just see whatever the Quadrant scores are.
Love the 4.5" screen, great device; I dont have faith in the battery though. Especially after what happened yesterday.

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Had both (still have the SR) and live in an LTE area. Is the speed great, yes. But if your not on an unlimited plan LTE is going to force you to pay very close attention to usage. Because as nice as the speed is, it also means your data allowance goes that much faster. I've used 1GB of data already and I still have 23 days in my billing cycle. It's real easy to do everything you'd do on your computer now on your phone when it moves that quickly. Is there any utmost critical piece of information an HSPA+ phone can't get me in a timely fashion, no. I use it because I am on unlimited and because I can.

jflexe99

Droids!
Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I could def tell the slight speed difference. The Snapdragon 1.5 dual core is great, but the Exynos(or however its spelled) 1.2 dual core is just slightly better/faster. Panning screens, going through the Market and other little things, side by side. The OGS2 came on top.

I really can't wait till ICS comes out for these phones and see the performance boost! :) Love to see no lag at all. Almost there on stock Gingerbread

Last edited:

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I have not noticed any performance difference between my Skyrocket and the GS2 I had. LOVE the faster speeds though. Even when only on HSPA+, the Skyrocket is faster. Glad I took my GS2 back for the Skyrocket, but if I lived in an area not getting LTE...probably would have kept the original

jedah

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
If data wasn't a factor, I liked the OGS2 a hair better. Seemed to respond just a little faster to everything (quicker response, smoother transitions, slightly better battery life). It also fit better in my small hands.

That being said, LTE is hard to ignore. I live in LA, and I'm taking a wild guess ATT is planning to flip the switch here before my 2 yrs are up. Plus, I think all high-end ATT phones will have LTE going forward. That, coupled w/ faster data speeds on just HSPA+, pushed me over to the SR.

The OGS2 wasn't w/o its annoyances, though. Slow screen wake up and home screen button lag don't seem to be a problem on the SR.

dmarquand

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm not in LTE coverage either, but since I'm going to have my Skyrocket for two years, AT&T is bound to put LTE in San Francisco which I live near.

Tom S.

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Had OG S II and turned it in because my area just had LTE rolled out. Both will get ICS Q1 2012. That's confirmed by samsung.

ALexSoFLy

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Had the OGS2 and passed it down to my girlfriend so I went and got the SR. I love the 4.5'' screen, has anyone else noticed that the captive buttons glow a bit white-bluish compared to the OGS2 which is just white? Anyways, I can feel a tiny bit difference, the OGS2 feels a bit more responsive and I'm thinking it's the Exynos processor compared to the Qualcomm in the SR. But, I noticed that the SR charges quicker than the OGS2 even with the bigger 1850mAH battery (it feels like it lasts longer too IMO). Overall, I do not regret jumping to the SR. I compromised a SLIGHTLY faster processor to gain a Bigger screen, 4G LTE capability, bigger battery, Visual Voice Mail, and a Nicely designed phone (more round than boxy i.e. OGS2 design). Also, AT&T just released an OTA update for the SR 2.3.6; great to see fast support for this device! :)